WWE 2K20 announcment coming August 5th. First screenshot released!

TheToeSucker

• Awards Moderator

To add to this hilarious shitshow, there's a bug in the game meaning it doesn't run when the game clocks over to Jan 1st 2020. People are putting their system clocks back to play it. 

WWE2K20 doesn't work in 2020. Brilliant. 

Fantastic. 

At least they've got their marketing for the no doubt million selling 2K21 sorted. 

Tony Khan should really be chasing down a decent developer with a sack of money to work on an AEW game. Any half decent wrestling game based on a promotion with a TV presence will do well and provide great visibility for the promotion. 

I'm almost certain the ECW and TNA games were the only decent money earners in those respective companies at the time. I know the ECW one done well for them when they were on their arse. 

3 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Fantastic. 

At least they've got their marketing for the no doubt million selling 2K21 sorted. 

Tony Khan should really be chasing down a decent developer with a sack of money to work on an AEW game. Any half decent wrestling game based on a promotion with a TV presence will do well and provide great visibility for the promotion. 

I'm almost certain the ECW and TNA games were the only decent money earners in those respective companies at the time. I know the ECW one done well for them when they were on their arse. 

Are there any around that have the hard-on for No Mercy that Kenny Omega has? Seen as that seems to be the main thing that gets talked about whenever he’s asked about an AEW game

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I know ‘everyone’ has the internet and I’m sure a patch will fix it, but at what point does this become a potential legal issue? The product was so poor anyway, but to effectively have a shelf life of a couple of months is criminal.

The problem is, shit loads of folk will rush out to pre-order 2021 just like they have all the releases in the past. I saw a graphic on Reddit or the like the other week showing just how much money the games have made for WWE since they went to the "2K" franchise, and it was huge(can't find it for the life of me now though).

6 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Are there any around that have the hard-on for No Mercy that Kenny Omega has? Seen as that seems to be the main thing that gets talked about whenever he’s asked about an AEW game

This guy. Also quite a lot of wrestlers, although the fashionable thing to say is that you prefer Virtual Pro Wrestling 2, because Japan.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

This guy. Also quite a lot of wrestlers, although the fashionable thing to say is that you prefer Virtual Pro Wrestling 2, because Japan.

I follow fuck all to do with Japanese wrestling but have played a lot of Virtual Pro 2 over the years and in my opinion it is a better game (in regards to the AKI line). Just as many people claim a Revenge is better than No Mercy at our events, it’s simply preference. Don’t get me wrong, it helps if you like Japanese wrestling because of the roster, but the gameplay, CAW and general features are far more in depth, which for me, makes it a fuller, better game.

Also, @WyattSheepMask No Mercy is simply an iconic game. The likes of Sami Callihan & Rich Swann take N64’s & a copy of No Mercy with them when they go on tour. It’s the main game people want to play at our events and we usually set up multiple stations due to its popularity. Don’t underestimate 4-player N64 games. 

No Mercy was honestly the last time I felt a wrestling game let you play in different styles without penalising you against certain opponents, and got the balance right in the CAW mode in that you could knock together a decent version of a real or custom wrestler in minutes that still looked like it fit the in-game roster, and spend an hour or so perfecting a custom character that looked and behaved like the real thing. The chunky character models and crisp animations are much more charming and impactful that the rubbery mo-cap of more recent games. Plus the instant play that cartridges give you and diverse multi-player party options were good for newbies and pros.

The thing that I find utterly outrageous about this game is that the DLC is not any active roster members that weren’t in the game, it’s just the same wrestlers with a fancy hat or dressed as terrapins. 

the fact the likes of WALTER didn’t make it into the game is criminal.

In a recent interview w/Cody Rhodes. He gets asked straight up about the AEW Video Game and whether AKI will be involved in development. Cody's answer "I can't say much, but what I will say is that it is the game that people have been asking for. It's the game we've been hinting at".

This was in October. Omega's hinted at it and TNT have too.

Edited by Merzbow

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

It may not run this decade, but 2K20 has cracked the first UK sales chart of the year. 

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/01/uk_sales_charts_wwe_2k20_wrestles_its_way_back_into_familiar_top_10

Hurray! 

They’ve been selling that and Borderlands 3 (7th place) for £19.99 in game for the past month or so

1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said:

As if GTA V is in there. Rockstar must have made a mint on game sales and Online stuff.

I don’t know if this is true or not, but I saw a comment on Eurogamer or Reddit or somewhere saying that GTA V keeps selling so highly because buying a new copy with the bundled online cash is cheaper than just buying the cash in-game.

Edited by King Pitcos