Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

Hula Hoops are an underrated crisp and multipack. Even the Pufts are good.

@Loki try those Jacobs Cracker Crisps Salt and Balsamic Vinegar ones. Oh my god, the vinegariness... They’re incredible.

Some cracking suggestions in here. Makes my thin potato loving heart swell.

Edited by SuperBacon
Edit

Salt and Vinegar Discos, only today i bought a multi pack of which the Prawn Cocktail and Cheese and Onion will sit in a cupboard until they go off or I get desperate (more likely the former).  The Salt and Vinegar ones are already in my belly (one didn't even survive the car journey home).

• Paid Members

Smiths Salt & Vinegar I've became a bit partial to in the last few months, has a strong flavour without being overpowering. Usually plenty of 7 packs for a quid in most poundshops and bargain basement stores. Golden Wonder S&V ain't too bad either. I wish Walkers kept on the "deep ridged" crisps they had a few years ago, their Max range isn't the same IMO.

Not really a Cheese & Onion eater, but I like Tayto's Spring Onion, a flavour hardly anyone else does any more. That's the NI Tatyo though, the southern Tayto's are a different beast and their Salt & Vinegar pisses over their northern counterparts.

• Paid Members

Our local shop (for local people) has the Kettle Chips for a quid a big bag at the moment. They've got a ridged flavour which is Jalepeno Jack flavour (some form of chilli/cheese combination) which is quite nice.

The spicy chilli Big Hoops are quite nice.

When I'm buying my crisps that I'm supposed to have with my dinner in the week I usually get a multipack of Beastly Bites which is Asda's proprietary Monster Munch equivalent. Only 85p for 6, which isn't much more than the cost of a single bag of Monster Munch normally. They normally end up getting eaten in a single sitting either after work one afternoon, before work one lunchtime or if I'm particularly peckish and wasn't hungry at the supermarket they won't even last the weekend. 

They do some really nice tortilla chips at Asda at the moment as well. It a brown packet with different chapped chips and interesting flavours. They're usually £1.99 a bag, but when they're on offer for a quid I usually treat myself to a bag of the manchego and olive flavour. 

Other supermarket off brand crisps and speciality tortilla chips are available. 

7 hours ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

Pringles aren't even crisps, they took HMRC to court over that and won.

That got overturned a year or so later and the poor multi billion dollar company had to pay the taxes that they had been trying to avoid by claiming their low potato content snack was in some way soon biscuit or cake.

Remember the chocolate mint Pringles from a few years ago? They should be made to pay DOUBLE the tax that they have to pay for even considering that they were in any way a product that should be on sale anywhere.

Scampi Fries!