Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

10 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

9-13-768x1111.jpg

I thought I had made these up; crisps never had a better flavour. Thank you!

The walkers max chicken wings win for me out of the range just because I can't stop eating them.

Coop sea salt and balsamic vinegar crisps are overpowering yet moreish, my lips go numb for hours afterwards and I've yet to find a stronger flavour.

Bugles, Tyrrell's chili and red pepper, chili sensations, Quavers and squares are honourable mentions.

I just like crisps.

• Paid Members

Just remembered one from about five years ago. I liked them, but I don't think they were popular, as I can't find any shops in the UK that stock them (at least as Walkers; there are a few places that have them on import as Lay's):

Walkers+Max+Cheeseburger+Crisps+Review.j

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Go on Ange goooooooooon!

91FvoxH5SsL._SX385_.jpg

WINNER. The greatest crisp of all time.

Also, deserving of a nomination;  Smiths Bacon Fries, McCoy's Thai Sweet Chicken, Tyrrells Mixed Root Vegetable Crisps and Kettles Mature Cheddar & Red Onion.

• Paid Members

McCoy's do a paprika flavour that's quite hard to find but up there with those Walker's in terms of flavour. The Polish section of our local supermarket has some paprika flavoured crisps which use your actual paprika peppers rather than the seasoning for flavour and they've got a lovely kick to them. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

McCoy's do a paprika flavour that's quite hard to find but up there with those Walker's in terms of flavour. The Polish section of our local supermarket has some paprika flavoured crisps which use your actual paprika peppers rather than the seasoning for flavour and they've got a lovely kick to them. 

Yeah, the place near me that stocks the doner kebab-flavour crisps (which are Polish import) has parika McCoy's and they're quite nice. But I agree that the Polish ones with the actual paprika in them are probably better. They go down lovely with a can of Zywiec, Tyskie, and/or Lech.

• Paid Members

The fucking rustle of the cunting bags followed by the crunch is fucking septic in an office or public environment.
One lass in here gets a bag of Buffalo Hunky Dorys approx four afternoons a week and has the bag sitting upright beside her desk, rustles and picks one crip out at a time and goes "Cllllasssh hak hak" when she bites down. Awful.

But on topic - we're talking best crisps and they are Dunnes Stores' Sweet Potato Salt and Vinegar for me.

Also, the greatest food of all time - and this should count as it's in the same family - is Odeon Cinemas' Nachos with Cheese Sauce. I won't go to any other cinema if I can help it, for that reason.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

That cheese sauce is definitely the fucking business, absolutely right there. The nachos themselves are bog-standard, but the sauce and slices of jalapeno really make them. That said, like most cinema food, they're ridiculously priced, so they don't really factor into my cinema choices.

• Paid Members

I also ask for extra cheese and they give me a wee cup of it. Depending on who I get, I'll get charged nothing or €1.00 extra.

As soon as I get the nachos handed to me at the counter, I throw about 3 nachos into each cheese sauce compartment on the tray, and a load into the cup and let them soak. I just sit there in the dark for two hours or thereabouts, teetering between shame and glee.

I'm fucking starving now.

17 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

When I'm buying my crisps that I'm supposed to have with my dinner in the week I usually get a multipack of Beastly Bites which is Asda's proprietary Monster Munch equivalent. Only 85p for 6, which isn't much more than the cost of a single bag of Monster Munch normally. They normally end up getting eaten in a single sitting either after work one afternoon, before work one lunchtime or if I'm particularly peckish and wasn't hungry at the supermarket they won't even last the weekend. 

I did not enjoy these rip off Monster Munch imposters! They tasted the same as the original, until a few seconds after swallowing and then you get hit with a nasty aftertaste.

Perhaps i am boring, but i really enjoy opening a huge family bag of ready salted (any brand) and proceed to gorge myself until the roof of my mouth is in ribbons.