All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Love that a source at Number 10 called Michael Gove a 'snake' for saying the PM should resign. 

Let's not forget that our PM is a man who wrote two columns regarding Brexit - one for, one against then decided which one served his interests best; a few years later he stood up and gave a toast to Theresa May after she had outlined her proposed Brexit deal at Chequers - he resigned virtually the next day saying it was a terrible proposal once he realised it didn't have the support of the party. Once PM he purged the party of any genuine 'One nation' Conservatives, not only on the basis of them not backing his Brexit deal but of even just wanting it to undergo proper Parliamentary scrutiny. In doing so he sacked MPs who had voted FOR Brexit more times than he actually had! He is a man who conducted an affair and then lied about it when questioned by his then party leader - I can't remember if that was the affair conducted as his wife was battling Cancer or another one. He is owed no loyalty as he has never shown any. 

Having said that I do find the situation ridiculous. Tory MPs and Ministers have sat there for the last two plus years listening to the PM lie about everything including Brexit; the Protocol; COVID; the vaccine rollout; Child poverty figures; employment figures; Police numbers; Hospital plans; Nurse recruitment figures; Social care plans; Partygate etc and that's just off the top of my head. Now apparently they suddenly want honesty and integrity in politics, and government to be conducted in a serious upstanding manner. They don't or they'd have never served under a such a man in the first place.

• Paid Members

As Houchen said, they want somebody who can do a better job of hiding it. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

I mean if you put a sloth in charge and put a blonde wig on it it can do a better job 

I'm sure Michael Fabricant will run.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm sure Michael Fabricant will run.

Fabricunt

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said:

One bloke in the pub last night said without Johnson in charge we wouldn't have got any furlough payments during the lockdown. 

Interestingly, using the auld fellas and the landlord in the most flag-laden pub I drink in as a bellwether, much of the discussion in there yesterday was around how Johnson was flustered and rambling at PMQs, and at one point attacked Starmer for once supporting Jeremy Corbyn. There was a general consensus of, "it might have been a mess under him, but how much worse of a mess could it be than what we got?".

While there are still obviously a lot of "back Boris" supporters, I do think it's underappreciated how many of the diehards he's lost - he's no longer useful to the Tory base, a lot of business and the media started to turn on him over lockdowns getting in the way of unfettered capitalism, and between Covid and the general sense of chaos of the last few months, I think he's seen as a waste of space and a self-serving prick far more widely than he ever was. 

I'm not really even enjoying the schadenfreude yet, though, because I can't really imagine that what we get next is any better, particularly if we get a classic Labour self-destruction right when they should be primed to take the lead, if Starmer ends up resigning in the near future. Chances are we end up with Labour losing whatever lead they have gained purely through virtue of not being Boris Johnson over a chaotic leadership election, while the Conservatives replace Johnson with either someone like Tory Rory that people think is one of the nice ones, or just an actual fucking ghoul, and the press rally behind them regardless. The best case scenario is a halfway viable liberal coalition - which will get pilloried in the papers regardless - and an election met with almost universal apathy.

On the news they have been talking about Sajid Javid, Rishi Sunak and Nadhim Zahawi all being likely front runners for the leadership role. It will be interesting to see what happeneds as I really don't think the UK is ready for a brown man to be in charge.

• Paid Members
Just now, deathrey said:

On the news they have been talking about Sajid Javid, Rishi Sunak and Nadhim Zahawi all being likely front runners for the leadership role. It will be interesting to see what happeneds as I really don't think the UK is ready for a brown man to be in charge.

I said it before on here, but this will surely play into Labour's hands. A lot of the Tory's new-found voters at the last GE (ie those that were also part of the 52%) will absolutely not want either of those in charge. 

I wonder whether this is a good time for a change of Labour leadership. If Starmer gets charged, he can walk and say unlike the opposition he did the right thing (as he has promised to do). Labour then really hammer home the trust issue and hope this helps them at the GE. Plus, Starmer isn't particularly popular anyway. 

• Paid Members

It'd be the best thing for Starmer. He get's to say he was found innocent until the opposition pushed for another investigation and he gets to walk away as a man of principal who stands by his word because they aren't going to win a general election with him in charge. He's not bad, he's just a void of nothingness who sounds like Toasts brother from Toast of London. I honestly can't see anyone in Labour that can replace him at the minute.