All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

It’s not referring to Zahawi. Michelle Donelan, who has replaced Zahawi as Education Secretary, used to work in WWE’s Marketing Department 

Ah I see, I clearly misread the article, cheers for clarifying!

It’s worth noting that Johnson can make life VERY difficult if he wants.

If for example Brady goes to him and says the 1922 Committee want him to resign or they’ll change the rules, he could just withdraw the whip from the lot of them.

Hell, he could go to the Palace tomorrow and call an election and deselect all MPs who are against him.

I honestly wouldn’t put it past him - when he withdrew the whip from Theresa May and Kenneth Clark that was almost unimaginable.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Loki said:

It’s worth noting that Johnson can make life VERY difficult if he wants.

If for example Brady goes to him and says the 1922 Committee want him to resign or they’ll change the rules, he could just withdraw the whip from the lot of them.

Hell, he could go to the Palace tomorrow and call an election and deselect all MPs who are against him.

I honestly wouldn’t put it past him - when he withdrew the whip from Theresa May and Kenneth Clark that was almost unimaginable.

I mean, he could, but withdrawing the whip also lessens his majority and will causes a domino effect of other MPs resigning from the party as it's a massive overstep.

As for the second, that just guarantees losing the election.

Besides, that's the kind of self  destruction I don't think Boris fancies. He genuinely believes the public just want him to press on with doing the job. When you have no character, you don't think people think it's important.

• Paid Members

Struggling to see why wetwipe Starmer doesn’t call a VONC (ok, so I answered my own question). Either Johnson loses it and has to resign/call a GE or wins it and Starmer can use it as ammo against those who voted to keep him in place?

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Struggling to see why wetwipe Starmer doesn’t call a VONC (ok, so I answered my own question). Either Johnson loses it and has to resign/call a GE or wins it and Starmer can use it as ammo against those who voted to keep him in place?

Because the longer the implosion lasts the better for Labour at the next GE, which looks increasingly like it'll be this year.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Eh? He can't call a VONC. Only the Tories can, and they did that, and he came through it. Or am I missing something?

While losing Johnson might be the Tories' best chance of surviving the next election, I grant everyone here permission to savour the schadenfreude regardless. I hope it's utterly humiliating for him.

15 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Eh? He can't call a VONC. Only the Tories can, and they did that, and he came through it. Or am I missing something?

A parliamentary one, not the internal Tory 1922 one. If Johnson lost that, it would be GE territory I think.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, hallicks said:

A parliamentary one, not the internal Tory 1922 one. If Johnson lost that, it would be GE territory I think.

Ah right. In that case, what Duke said. Johnson's popularity is at such a low that it would benefit Labour to have him in place as long as possible leading up to the next GE.