All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

41 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Why do you think this?

Spent a long time in Number 10. However it now appears, from some strong sources, that he is appointed Chancellor but only as he argued for it against Liz Truss and basically said 'either give me Chancellor or I'm going too and trouble will start brewing up elsewhere. Self interested tosser.

Can't see Truss staying around if she's been made to feel untrusted by Number 10. No great loss, but even so its another big name walking (if she goes), and further pressure on BoJo

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I'd be amazed if he did resign; he doesn't believe he's done anything wrong, he's still getting paid and as long as he's in charge he can continue to get a semi off being in power. 

Same.

A big flaw with our political system is that so much of it is based on honour, which Johnson simply doesn't have. I think he'll have to be dragged out of Number 10, even if he loses a General Election.

56 minutes ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Can't see Truss staying around if she's been made to feel untrusted by Number 10. No great loss, but even so its another big name walking (if she goes), and further pressure on BoJo

Dunno. I can see Truss, and Dorries as well, remaining Johnson loyalists solely because they know that no other Prime Minister will give them any sort of power. They are both hilariously incompetent but I think they've got that much self-awareness at least. 

14 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Dorries makes Truss look like a political force de majeure. Even by Tory standards, I cannot fathom how she is where she is today. Thick as mince.

Definitely nothing to do with making Doe Eyes towards the PM, who seemingly can’t function at the sight of a woman doing anything

Fantastic day of political implosion yesterday.  The only real winner is Zahawi, who gets to hold the top Ministerial job if only for a week.  Rather him than Truss.

The elections to the 1922 Committee are tomorrow, if there are no more cabinet resignations by then I expect to see a new committee immediately vote on binning the 12-month rule on VONC, and schedule another vote for next week - which this time Johnson will lose.

My reading of what happened yesterday was that Sunak and Javid went to Johnson and demanded his resignation; he refused and so they resigned.  It's just a matter of time now but, yeah, he's not EVER going to resign so 1922 it is at this stage.

45 minutes ago, Loki said:

Fantastic day of political implosion yesterday.  The only real winner is Zahawi, who gets to hold the top Ministerial job if only for a week.  Rather him than Truss.

The elections to the 1922 Committee are tomorrow, if there are no more cabinet resignations by then I expect to see a new committee immediately vote on binning the 12-month rule on VONC, and schedule another vote for next week - which this time Johnson will lose.

My reading of what happened yesterday was that Sunak and Javid went to Johnson and demanded his resignation; he refused and so they resigned.  It's just a matter of time now but, yeah, he's not EVER going to resign so 1922 it is at this stage.

Agree completely. He’ll be dragged out kicking & screaming before he ever even considers resigning.

But, like with everything else and unless one of the big names tenders their resignation next, I fully expect him to come through the other side. Junior Ministers that people have hardly heard of are one thing, but unless Patel, JRM or another of those goes, I fully expect to get away with it like he always does.

• Paid Members

This could just as easily go in the TIL thread, but apparently Nadhim Zahawi used to work for WWE. 

https://itrwrestling.com/news/ex-wwe-employee-top-role-in-uk-government/

EDIT: Although, having a look I can't find a source other than this article that actually verifies this as true, so maybe it's bollocks anyway. 

Edited by mim731
Clarity

8 minutes ago, mim731 said:

This could just as easily go in the TIL thread, but apparently Nadhim Zahawi used to work for WWE. 

https://itrwrestling.com/news/ex-wwe-employee-top-role-in-uk-government/

EDIT: Although, having a look I can't find a source other than this article that actually verifies this as true, so maybe it's bollocks anyway. 

It’s not referring to Zahawi. Michelle Donelan, who has replaced Zahawi as Education Secretary, used to work in WWE’s Marketing Department