Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I can see Johnson calling an election. He will threaten MPs to back him or he will take the whole ship down with him. He knows they’re as self serving as he is and many tories will lose their gravy train if an election is called, so they’ll back him. If they don’t, he will ensure they lose their jobs. 

It’s also worth remembering these 31 cunts who quit didn’t do so because they learned about Chris Pincher and his serial predatory behaviour, they quit because you found out about it  

 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I can see Johnson calling an election. He will threaten MPs to back him or he will take the whole ship down with him. He knows they’re as self serving as he is and many tories will lose their gravy train if an election is called, so they’ll back him. If they don’t, he will ensure they lose their jobs. 

 

I could also see this. Like, he would rather go to the polls and try and get the public on-side than actually admit he's a fuck up and resign. I mean, they'd lose 100+ seats but there's no guarantee they'd be out of power if he went that route.

 

Also: 

 

Edited by 69MeDon
  • Paid Members
Posted

They need a 2/3 parliamentary majority to dissolve parliament early, if I remember rightly. Potential of cross-party shenanigans to vote it down and sabotage him? 

Posted
3 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

I could also see this. Like, he would rather go to the polls and try and get the public on-side than actually admit he's a fuck up and resign. I mean, they'd lose 100+ seats but there's no guarantee they'd be out of power if he went that route.

It’s out of the Bannon playbook. He can blame Tory MPs for circumventing democracy if they lose and his supporters will lap it up because it paints them as victims of the elite. He is their boy, you want your boy in charge but the establishment don’t. You’ve been hard done by. 

Posted (edited)

A group of cabinet ministers are meeting with Boris telling him to resign. Amongst that group is Nadhim Zahawi, which is pretty hilarious. 

 

Boris's plan of "Don't worry, we've got Asians for the money stuff" has bit him on the backside.

 

 

Edited by Duke
Posted
8 minutes ago, Duke said:

Amongst that group is Nadhim Zahawi,

It’s incredible shithousing isn’t it? Would be incredible BANTZ if Johnson removes him from the post. 

Posted

The counter on BBC News has gone up by four just in the last half hour that I've been watching. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this. He can't last - either he resigns or we're going to the polls, surely.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Priti Patel has entered Number 10. Presumably to deport Johnson to Rwanda.

Nigeria, now

Posted

Kit Malthouse has apparently joined the delegation. He's been serving under him since he was mayor so that's fairly significant.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...