All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

It’s out of the Bannon playbook. He can blame Tory MPs for circumventing democracy if they lose and his supporters will lap it up because it paints them as victims of the elite. He is their boy, you want your boy in charge but the establishment don’t. You’ve been hard done by. 

In many ways it comes down to whether he's wedded to the ideals of the Conservative party, or to the career of Boris Johnson. While I daresay all Tory leaders have been shameless careerists who'd sell their granny for the right price, I'm not sure if any before now would have shafted the entire party in the process, and I have no doubt that Johnson would. If he's prepared, and able, to defy the party and cling to power, it might be electoral doom, but he's not a career politician (and, unlike most, I don't use that as a pejorative - one man's career politician is the next man's lifelong public servant), so there might be more money and soft power on the table for him through sticking to a game plan. He's not following the same rules as a Thatcher or Major.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, 69MeDon said:

Priti Patel has entered Number 10. Presumably to deport Johnson to Rwanda.

1 hour ago, Nexus said:

Nigeria, now

He's too white for that ever to happen

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

In many ways it comes down to whether he's wedded to the ideals of the Conservative party, or to the career of Boris Johnson. While I daresay all Tory leaders have been shameless careerists who'd sell their granny for the right price, I'm not sure if any before now would have shafted the entire party in the process, and I have no doubt that Johnson would. If he's prepared, and able, to defy the party and cling to power, it might be electoral doom, but he's not a career politician (and, unlike most, I don't use that as a pejorative - one man's career politician is the next man's lifelong public servant), so there might be more money and soft power on the table for him through sticking to a game plan. He's not following the same rules as a Thatcher or Major.

I think Theresa May is a good example here. It’s rare for a politician to hold the top job in their party and go back to being a constituent MP. She obviously cares about the party and indeed her own standing. Cameron didn’t do that, Osbourne didn’t do that (I know his wasn’t the top job) Johnson will not do that. 

For clarification, I’m not YAS QUEENing May or calling her a good Tory, she’s an absolute wretched ghoul who I wish has a short and unhappy retirement when it comes. 

When he goes I fully expect Johnson to very quickly settle into right wing media, potentially in the States.  He'll go down a storm at Republican rallies. Farage done very well out of that and he had nothing to really build it on. In their eyes Boris Johnson will be the man who stood up to both the EU and Putin. Matching red hats on order for him and Trump. 

3 minutes ago, MungoChutney said:

When he goes I fully expect Johnson to very quickly settle into right wing media, potentially in the States.  He'll go down a storm at Republican rallies. Farage done very well out of that and he had nothing to really build it on. In their eyes Boris Johnson will be the man who stood up to both the EU and Putin. Matching red hats on order for him and Trump. 

Maybe he'll run into some deserved difficulties once the civil war that is coming down the pipeline over there kicks off.

Also: a lot of the Trump supporters over there are fairly pro-Russia. Or at least, not particuarly anti-Russia.

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, MungoChutney said:

I’m sure Trump would happily roll out the ‘my very good friend Boris’ line but when you remember his greatest hits are funding for the NHS (well talking about it at least) and rolling out the  vaccine combined with him being posh he’d be fucked in front of a pro trump crowd. He’ll just collect millions sitting on the boards of drugs companies as he uses his connection to get them slices of the NHS

9 minutes ago, chokeout said:

I’m sure Trump would happily roll out the ‘my very good friend Boris’ line but when you remember his greatest hits are funding for the NHS (well talking about it at least) and rolling out the  vaccine combined with him being posh he’d be fucked in front of a pro trump crowd. He’ll just collect millions sitting on the boards of drugs companies as he uses his connection to get them slices of the NHS

I think he's fairly popular with the pro-Trump crowd actually. My sister has American in-laws who are East coast Republicans and they think he's great. Not all Trump fans are anti-vax types either. He had a much wider appeal than that, as would Johnson in that arena. I don't doubt for a second he'd get them to believe he was on their side and he'd quite happily flip on the NHS and talk about the work he'd done to help private companies in.