All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Exactly. The great thing is that he's standing his ground with dignity and integrity. He doesn't need to and shouldn't lower himself to the gutter standards that we come to expect from the media or the Conservative government. 

• Paid Members

It is difficult, though. We saw with the last election what keeping dignity, sticking to the facts, and fighting clean got you in the end, so I wouldn't blame anyone in this fucked-up era for fighting dirty. 

That said, I suppose I'm glad he's not. People are going to have a go whatever stance he takes.

10 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

It is difficult, though. We saw with the last election what keeping dignity, sticking to the facts, and fighting clean got you in the end, so I wouldn't blame anyone in this fucked-up era for fighting dirty. 

That said, I suppose I'm glad he's not. People are going to have a go whatever stance he takes.

The difference here though, is he isn’t trying to win votes. His concern is his members who have already voted. Public support is great but it’s what the members want is the important thing. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

The difference here though, is he isn’t trying to win votes. His concern is his members who have already voted. Public support is great but it’s what the members want is the important thing. 

He's also got the advantage of being quizzed about a sole subject. Similar to the Marcus Rashford situation, its much easier to get support when you're pushing a single issue that has a decent amount of existing support. A far trickier prospect to garner support when you have to take a public position on other issues such as immigration, Brexit, BLM etc.  

• Paid Members

Losing two by-elections in a day, one by a massive swing. Fucking glorious. Hopefully this puts pay to the Tories sticking by Johnson that say 'but he's an election winner'. Not looking like that now, is it?

Of course, somebody else (Dowden) has fallen on the sword for this. 

Given that Roe v Wade, which legally protected the right to an abortion, has now been overturned in America, and that people were told to "calm down" and "that won't happen" while the Supreme Court was being stacked with nutcases for just this purpose, I think a group exercise is in order.

Let's compile a list of "red lines" that Tory supporters currently believe will never be crossed by their right-minded, mischaracterised saviours, get those of them around us to sign off on it now as things they'd never accept from any government but obviously won't be done by their darlings, and then remind them of it as one by one the items are ticked off.

It's very easy to make excuses along the way as to why each scandal or atrocity is actually no big deal, especially once the official spin and rhetoric starts to circulate. So it may be useful to be able to point to an exact time when, categorically, they would have condemned such an act. I only wish we'd done this in 2016, but as the goal posts continue to move it's never too late.

• Paid Members

Getting rid of the European Convention on Human rights, and using it to scrap paid holidays, maternity, sickness and the minimum wage. 

Privatising the NHS. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Thesz said:

About 100 MPs voted to restrict abortion rights in Norn Iron so it shouldn’t be a surprise. Didn’t realise his mum was Prue Leith.