All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

see, I fundamentally disagree with this, because it implies a kind of forethought and strategy that I cannot remotely credit this government as having. It's far easier to believe that they keep fucking up and getting away with it than that one fuck up is a coordinated effort to distract from the previous one. That, in this instance, they (or, if not them, the right-wing press closely aligned to them) can make hay out of the original plan going awry doesn't mean that they always intended for the original plan to go awry, just that they're shameless pricks who can capitalise on a failure because no one is meaningfully holding them to account. 

Never ascribe to conspiracy that which can be explained by cock-up, and this government is much more adept at cock-ups than conspiracies. As, indeed, most are.

Yup. They're taking advantage of "Right Privilege" - they were essentially voted in to enable xenophobia and racist policies, so they're pretty much doing what they were commissioned to do, and as long as they're seen to be doing that, any incompetence, no matter how gross, will be forgiven in a gammon flash.

1 hour ago, neil said:

This whole Rwanda thing...is that sending Rwandan asylum seekers back or is this sending anyone there? Like if some lad shows up from Ukraine are they trying to ship them off to Rwanda?

No. Not because they don't want to though. Let's face it, the Tories have never been fans of immigration regardless of where it comes from. Be it a Polish lad or a Nigerian girl, the Tories are equally discriminatory.

But they simply can't be seen to be badgering Ukrainian refugees at the moment. The media has painted Ukraine as the darlings of Europe, a simple, hardworking folk who are being brutalised by the evil Hitler-esque Putin. 

42 minutes ago, kieranjennings said:

There was no vote in parliament for it was there? It's a government deal/scheme that didn't actually go to the commons isn't it?

She and 11 (I think) others abstained on the immigration bill which allowed this scheme. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, David said:

No. Not because they don't want to though. Let's face it, the Tories have never been fans of immigration regardless of where it comes from. 

Tory voters aren't fans of immigration. The government themselves though? Big fans. There was more immigration in the first 9yrs of this Tory rule than 12yrs under Blair/Brown. 

They know immigration is a net benefit hence why May suppressed the report they commissioned that would've publicly confirmed it.

The trick is to oversee rising immigration whilst at the same time bemoaning it. Just roll the odd ineffectual but controversial policy now & again ('Go Home' vans, 'Are You Thinking What We're Thinking' billboards) and you'll have Lab complaining, thus painting them as pro-immigration and you as people trying to hold back the wave of foreigners depsite all the evidence to the contrary. 

That's how you end up with anti-immigration voters backing the most pro-immigration government since records began & still blaming 'the left' for it. 

2 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

The trick is to oversee rising immigration whilst at the same time bemoaning it. Just roll the odd ineffectual but controversial policy now & again ('Go Home' vans, 'Are You Thinking What We're Thinking' billboards) and you'll have Lab complaining, thus painting them as pro-immigration and you as people trying to hold back the wave of foreigners depsite all the evidence to the contrary. 

This of course was played brilliantly by them in saying we were powerless to stop it because of the EU, despite it being there for everyone to see that EU guidelines said immigrants should have enough money to be self sustaining for three months before setting off to a new country. The government chose to forego that guideline because, shock horror, they had control over the border. 

3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Genuine question, what is the point of turning up to vote if you know you can't over turn a result due to an 80 seat majority? 

That's a theoretical 80 seat majority. As The Guardian point out, there's a very real possibility Johnson's government is paralysed and can't pass any legislation due to Tory rebels continuing to oppose him. If your argument was followed through to its logicial conclusion, unless it was a rare "free vote" there would be no point in the opposition turning up to vote at all,  which of course would be absurd.

Edited by Tamura

The pilot comes days after the first flight taking asylum seekers from the UK to Rwanda was cancelled following a last-minute intervention by the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR).

The first to be tagged will likely be people who successfully challenged their removal from that flight.

I'm choosing to take this BBC text as gospel, and look forward to the tagging of anyone successfully challenging the asylum seekers' removal from that Rwanda flight.

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So apparently the PM has had some sort of minor operation today (no waiting list, surprise surprise), meaning that Dominic Raab is currently in charge.

Why am I picturing it being like when the bank put Lenny in charge of the Nuclear Plant

I'm just not sure which way to go with this "sinus operation" stuff. Cocaine is the easy one, but we could also go with Pinnochio jokes.

I check out The Guardian's football section and, out of habit, sometimes go to their home page. I find the opinion piece headlines so dull.

Today: "The lesson politicians refuse to learn? People are crying out for a leader who is honest about what they stand for".

Great. Groundbreaking stuff that people want an honest leader and our leaders are shit. What am I likely to get out of that article?