All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

148 of his own MPs wanted him gone, that's gotto sting. More than I was expecting and this could turn that rotten party apart at the seams. The opposition need to carefully capitalise on this between now and the next GE. Getting rid of Johnson could have ended up giving them a shot in the arm and much needed stability, it could now become a mess of in-fighting. Here's hoping. 

10 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I didn’t think the rebels would get 100 votes, so really surprised so many decided to vote against the PM.

When you consider that it was unlikely for him to lose and for Conservative MPs, a vote against him would only add weight in favour of Labour, I was actually impressed so many Tory MPs decided to vote how they did.

Imagine 41% of your staff publicly telling you they think you’re shit and waking up the next day ready to carry on.

Simon Hart was just on the news spinning this by saying he only got 51% of the support when he became leader but now has 60% of the votes of his MPs. Pathetic.

Our “Great Place to Work” survey results are so shit that they celebrate that 66% of the workforce took part. They’d kill for for 59% of our workforce not thinking the boss is a cunt.

• Paid Members

To be fair I think today's vote was probably orchestrated by Boris and JRM in advance (who didn't open our building today to stay in London for the vote) as they would have had a good idea how many votes they'd get in favour. 

Having the vote now means that it's done, they take (another) bloody nose for a few days and then he's safe for the next 12 months which gets them through the upcoming by elections and what not. 

There is literally nothing that this government can do that will get them unelected and they know it. This means they're back in control of the narrative. The whole thing is rotten to the core but what's new? It's a genius move to some extent. 

Edited by Suplex Sinner

3 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Yeah, I don't think Johnson will be PM 12 months from now. I'm just concerned about what bottom-of-the-barrel scrapings they'll offer up for leader next. Fuck it, give it Nadine for the rest of the season.

An interim belt?  Conservative home pick up the phone, they phone little tone , he says give it Peter Bone. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

To be fair I think today's vote was probably orchestrated by Boris and JRM in advance (who didn't open our building today to stay in London for the vote) as they would have had a good idea how many votes they'd get in favour. 

Having the vote now means that it's done, they take (another) bloody nose for a few days and then he's safe for the next 12 months which gets them through the upcoming by elections and what not. 

There is literally nothing that this government can do that will get them unelected and they know it. This means they're back in control of the narrative. The whole thing is rotten to the core but what's new? It's a genius move to some extent. 

If you think this was a genius move, I don't know what to tell you. The only control he had over this matter was choosing the day of the vote, which he did as early as possible to stop any organising, which anyone would do. The reason the no confidence was called is because he's deeply unpopular with the public, the only way he would have come out of this with any sort of "win" is if there were hardly any no votes, as it is there were loads more "Nos" than anyone expected. That happily puts the tories in an awful position; the unpopular leader trundles on but without having trounced his detractors. The rebels can see they have a lot more strength than they assumed, and can basically do what they want now and behave as they like. They've got 2 byelections coming up they're more than likely going to get smashed in. I read this morning the year timeframe before he has to face another vote is easily changed by the committee if the want to, and that rule will possibly disappear after those byelections. Personally I hope he clings on for as long as possible and inflicts as much damage on the tory party as he can. 

• Paid Members

From what I've read, the current 1922 committee may decide to rewrite the rules after the byelections if they go as badly as expected and there's a serious prospect of Johnson losing a VONC.

Then in the autumn, the 1922 committee is re-elected. If Johnson's still there, there's a pretty good shot his biggest critics will try to get on the committee and change the rules then.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, JNLister said:

From what I've read, the current 1922 committee may decide to rewrite the rules after the byelections if they go as badly as expected and there's a serious prospect of Johnson losing a VONC.

Then in the autumn, the 1922 committee is re-elected. If Johnson's still there, there's a pretty good shot his biggest critics will try to get on the committee and change the rules then.

Likewise, are the odds of him purging non-friendlies from the committee a flat zero?

• Paid Members

(Quick clarification: The 1922 Committee is all backbenchers. They elect an executive committee that makes the rules.)

Only backbenchers are allowed to vote in the election for the executive committee. Given than something like 3/4 of backbenchers voted no confidence, I doubt Johnson has much sway over who gets on it.