All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

I met Jerry Hayes when he was the MP for Harlow.  Seemed genuinely interested in my plight.

He was a Tory, so there's an extremely high chance he wasn't really. 

8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I know it’s glib to say we are moving towards totalitarianism but all the little things add up. This is unreal. 

I hate to say this, but I don't think it's glib at all. This isn't so much a government, as a cult of personality. 

I think we’re close to the 54 letters to the 1922 Committee needed to force a Vote Of No Confidence in Johnson.

Thing is, I don’t think even this will finish him, I think he will win the VONC, predominantly for the reason that there are no more obviously attractive candidates to replace him.  He has deliberately surrounded himself with mediocrity and forced most of the capable MPs out before the last election.

So he’ll win the vote and 12 months grace and lead the Tories into the next election.

Incidentally it was revealed today that he’s obstructed a police investigation by deleting all email pertaining to paying for his mistress to travel around the world with him using taxpayer money.  But you know, add it to the pile.

On 5/28/2022 at 6:54 PM, Loki said:

So he’ll win the vote and 12 months grace and lead the Tories into the next election.

Wouldn't that be a good thing? Surely any opposition worth their salt could use the vast library of material they'd have at their disposal to create a compelling argument as to why a vote for the Conservatives under Johnson is a ridiculous idea?

Let's face it, if Labour couldn't oust the 'Tories under Boris they may as well pack it in and move on altogether.

The 'Tories removing Johnson would be their only real hope of remaining in power I think. Boris was brought in to finish Brexit, but his stock has plummeted since, and no amount of jiggery-pokery with laws and parliamentary procedures can change that.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, David said:

Wouldn't that be a good thing? Surely any opposition worth their salt could use the vast library of material they'd have at their disposal to create a compelling argument as to why a vote for the Conservatives under Johnson is a ridiculous idea?

Let's face it, if Labour couldn't oust the 'Tories under Boris they may as well pack it in and move on altogether.

The 'Tories removing Johnson would be their only real hope of remaining in power I think. Boris was brought in to finish Brexit, but his stock has plummeted since, and no amount of jiggery-pokery with laws and parliamentary procedures can change that.

Normally, I'd agree with this, but the current political climate appears to be defying every expectation anyone ever had. BJ has been getting away with shit that even Thatcher Bluedust wouldn't have, because of an electoral base that's determined to dig its heels in and defend him on anything and everything because he's consistently emphasised his promise to enable them to be nasty to foreigners.

It's almost catch-22 though. You highlight all the PM's disasters in office, and they launch the "the opposition don't have any policies so have to resort to finger-pointing" defence; you don't, and risk your own support base seeing you as copping out. Or, even worse, the whole race descends into a farce of fruitless 'debates' about the Tories' laundry list of misdemeanours, all frustratingly and huffily sidestepped or deflected, so when polling day comes around, no one is any the wiser on who's worthy of the actual election, meaning the chance of sticking with the status quo is that much higher, because "it's all the same." It's a calculated campaign of disenfranchisement, designed to ensure only the hardline or habitual voters remain. They know what they're doing, manipulating FPTP to their advantage.

2 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

The word is Tory. It's not short for Conservatory.

Why, it's short for Conservative, you silly billy. But yes, I'm not sure why my phone added that. I blame Steve Jobs.

2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Normally, I'd agree with this, but the current political climate appears to be defying every expectation anyone ever had. BJ has been getting away with shit that even Thatcher Bluedust wouldn't have, because of an electoral base that's determined to dig its heels in and defend him on anything and everything because he's consistently emphasised his promise to enable them to be nasty to foreigners.

I don't really agree to be honest. I think Boris has just about outlived his novelty and usefulness. 

The 'Tories are aching to be able to present a fresh face and a fresh story come election time. Brexit is in the rearview mirror, along with BoJo's chat about putting things in the oven and all that crap. 

Next up I reckon will be Liz Truss. 

She's fronted up to Putin, is against cancel culture, and embraces the history of the British empire. I personally think she's far more formidable than (don't call him) Boris.

• Paid Members

Oh, I don't disagree that all the Tories need to do is switch leadership and they'll get voted back in again. Said it many times: this country's electorate will always look for the slightest excuse to vote the right into power. We saw it with Major, after Thatcher's name was mud, despite all the shit they did.

Liz Truss?

1100646958_porkmarkets.gif

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, David said:

Yup, Liz Truss. 

I think she'll make Boris look like the comedy opening act. 

He's looked like that since before he became an MP, and he still got the premiership.

It's a pretty low bar, isn't it? Truss is already pretty laughable, but she probably is the least horrendous of that bunch. Which fills me with dread for this country.

It's a low bar all round, really. We saw what happened with the one guy who looked like was actually qualified for the job. The media massacred him, and the public in general went along with it. No one that I personally know who spoke against Corbyn had actually done any real research on him. 

They just figured he was a terrorist loving anti-semite. Because that's what the papers had branded him as. Corbyn stands as an example of what happens whenever anyone who doesn't fit with the right-wing media agenda decides to make a run for a position of power.