All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

2 minutes ago, Ultimate Hitman said:

Donating to charity & displaying a poppy to commemorate our fallen heroes as well as support those that made it through terrible war is exactly the same as saying ā€˜These Hesbollah lads are alright you knowā€™ & letting the world know youā€™re a ā€˜himā€™.

Good. So weā€™re agreed than šŸ‘

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Virtue signalling is an outward display of what a nice supportive person you are, usually a cause that doesnā€™t affect you and never has, for the benefit of others so they can see what a good person you are.

Case in point:

May be a Twitter screenshot of 2 people and text that says "13:41 Nadine Dorries @NadineDorries. 3d Hugely important moment from Jake Daniels who is an inspiration and role model the whole of football. Everyone should feel that they have the support to be themselves and Jake has made easier for others to just that. He should be immensely proud news.sky.com Jake Daniels: Blackpool footballer, 17, comes out, becoming only openly gay... 539 218 278 Andy @andymoore85 2m This you?? etheyworkforyou.com Division number1 Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill Third Reading No Nadine Dorries Mid Bedfordshire Conservative"

The main charge against Corbyn was that he led the Labour party to an historic Conservative general election victory.

I really donā€™t care which flavour of Labour party you prefer, what I want is one that can get rid of the Tories (see thread title).

The only Labour leader to manage that in the last 40 years was Tony Blair so Iā€™ll take another of him, or indeed him again, war crimes and all.

Ā As long as it is more important for the Labour movement to be the good guys and win all the arguments, than achieve power, we will continue to have disastrous right wing governments.

Ā 

17 minutes ago, Loki said:

The main charge against Corbyn was that he led the Labour party to an historic Conservative general election victory.

I really donā€™t care which flavour of Labour party you prefer, what I want is one that can get rid of the Tories (see thread title).

The only Labour leader to manage that in the last 40 years was Tony Blair so Iā€™ll take another of him, or indeed him again, war crimes and all.

Ā As long as it is more important for the Labour movement to be the good guys and win all the arguments, than achieve power, we will continue to have disastrous right wing governments.

Ā 

You not a Lib Dem any more then?

13 minutes ago, Loki said:

Ā 

The fact youā€™d rather a war criminal (Iā€™m assuming you label TB as such) in power than the Tories tells its own story. Although I personally donā€™t believe Blair to a war criminal, Iā€™d too have him back.

As disastrous as the stories have been a Corbyn led Labour would have been many times worse. Starmner is a stop gap. Itā€™s a shame, weā€™re stuck with the Tories for the foreseeable. Labour need to return to centre left, rid themselves of the pseudo hippies & pull out something major, perhaps promising a referendum on reversing/rejoining the EU. As it stands swing voters will stay Tory & many Labour will stay away.

6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

You not a Lib Dem any more then?

Under PR, I am whoever can remove my obnoxious Tory MP. Ā Iā€™ve long since given up on tribal party politics in favour of voting for whoever can give my what I want.

Edited by Loki

11 minutes ago, Ultimate Hitman said:

perhaps promising a referendum on reversing/rejoining the EU. As it stands swing voters will stay Tory & many Labour will stay away.

You reckon the secret to a long-term Labour majority government is re-opening the fucking Brexit debate that has poisoned everything for the last six years?

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, Ultimate Hitman said:

perhaps promising a referendum on reversing/rejoining the EU.

You do realise this was probably the biggest reason for Labourā€™s defeat in 2019? He caved to the centrists like Starmer who were pushing for an absurdly named ā€œPeopleā€™s Voteā€ which led to the massive collapse of traditional Labour strongholds in the North, seats he held (and even made gains) just 2 years before against May.

Itā€™s almost like you donā€™t have a solitary fucking clue what youā€™re talking about.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, stumobir said:

You do realise this was probably the biggest reason for Labourā€™s defeat in 2019? He caved to the centrists like Starmer who were pushing for an absurdly named ā€œPeopleā€™s Voteā€ which led to the massive collapse of traditional Labour strongholds in the North, seats he held (and even made gains) just 2 years before against May.

Itā€™s almost like you donā€™t have a solitary fucking clue what youā€™re talking about.

This is what happens when all your political discourse is gathered from TikTok and GB News. I bet Hitmanā€™s twitter handle contains a load of numbers and his profile picture is of a Bulldog surrounded by a Union Jack.

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

This is what happens when all your political discourse is gathered from TikTok and GB News. I bet Hitmanā€™s twitter handle contains a load of numbers and his profile picture is of a Bulldog surrounded by a Union Jack.

Flag of Greece & a cross if you must know