All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

The whole Rwanda plan was a no lose strategy. If the flights went ahead its a vote winner as they're sorting out asylum seekers. If the flights are stopped they've got a culture war/ECHR battle to bring back voters who are bored of hearing about corruption. It also forces Labour to be seen for sticking up for foreigners, which reminds all those red wall voters why they turned to Con.

Whether this cuts through and people prioritise it over inflation and living costs remains to be seen. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

I don't buy into the idea that it was all a strategy to go after "lefty lawyers" and the ECHR, just that the government are fucking awful and that either eventuality works out for them - either they manage to fly people to Rwanda as planned, or they have some culture war bullshit to play off. But the point where we could assume that the current government were involved in any kind of Machiavellian plotting has surely long passed, they're just winging it.

Some people are determined to be the Johnson-whisperer, as if he's some genius that only they tediously understand.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I don't buy into the idea that it was all a strategy to go after "lefty lawyers" and the ECHR, just that the government are fucking awful and that either eventuality works out for them - either they manage to fly people to Rwanda as planned, or they have some culture war bullshit to play off. But the point where we could assume that the current government were involved in any kind of Machiavellian plotting has surely long passed, they're just winging it.

They want people to think they don't have a clue and are winging it so their really shitty cuntiest policies will be handwaved away as "oh that (sont call him) and his wacky friends, what will they do next?" 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

They want people to think they don't have a clue and are winging it so their really shitty cuntiest policies will be handwaved away as "oh that (sont call him) and his wacky friends, what will they do next?" 

see, I fundamentally disagree with this, because it implies a kind of forethought and strategy that I cannot remotely credit this government as having. It's far easier to believe that they keep fucking up and getting away with it than that one fuck up is a coordinated effort to distract from the previous one. That, in this instance, they (or, if not them, the right-wing press closely aligned to them) can make hay out of the original plan going awry doesn't mean that they always intended for the original plan to go awry, just that they're shameless pricks who can capitalise on a failure because no one is meaningfully holding them to account. 

Never ascribe to conspiracy that which can be explained by cock-up, and this government is much more adept at cock-ups than conspiracies. As, indeed, most are.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, neil said:

This whole Rwanda thing...is that sending Rwandan asylum seekers back or is this sending anyone there? Like if some lad shows up from Ukraine are they trying to ship them off to Rwanda?

Anyone. Though I doubt we'll see many Ukrainian refugees on the plane, as they're the Proper and Acceptable asylum seekers.

2 minutes ago, neil said:

This whole Rwanda thing...is that sending Rwandan asylum seekers back or is this sending anyone there? Like if some lad shows up from Ukraine are they trying to ship them off to Rwanda?

It’s anyone who is crossing the channel on dinghy’s. Although should some Ukrainian refugees use this method, I don’t think they’ll be considered.  It’s black and brown people who meet the criteria. 

• Paid Members

3 minutes ago, neil said:

Anyone. Well, anyone not white so far. And the best bit is when Rwanda decides they are lawfully seeking asylum they get to keep them, we don’t get them coming back. Other then absolute racists, I can’t think of anyone who could morally support it. Which is why the Tories do I guess.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yvette Cooper thought the bill was so flawed that she abstained instead of voting against it, she can fuck off, the pro war shitehawk. 

Genuine question, what is the point of turning up to vote if you know you can't over turn a result due to an 80 seat majority? 

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

Genuine question, what is the point of turning up to vote if you know you can't over turn a result due to an 80 seat majority? 

Because it puts on the record your objection and therefore your opinion on the matter carries more weight. Plus you factor in that dissenters on the government side can and do defy the whip and vote against the government. Also, not everyone may vote so every vote counts. 

I can understand abstentions on a bill that, for dramatic effect, said “Here is more funding for the NHS” but hidden in there is a clause that says single mothers have to pay for their kids treatment. They put shit like that in there so they can bray in the commons “We proposed more funding but they opposed it and didn’t vote for it”. 

25 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yvette Cooper thought the bill was so flawed that she abstained instead of voting against it, she can fuck off, the pro war shitehawk. 

There was no vote in parliament for it was there? It's a government deal/scheme that didn't actually go to the commons isn't it?

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, neil said:

I doubt it'd be white Christian Ukrainian refugees as that wouldn't go down well with the electorate, but all the other asylum seekers from countries we've been bombing or selling weapons to the attackers of will find themselves getting booked for a flight.