westlondonmist Posted May 13 Posted May 13 Is Paddy McGuinness an upgrade? I think he's absolutely bloody awful. Jim Davidson is/was a dreadful comedian but I'm not sure he was worse than Paddy McGuinness, in fact I don't think any TV host is worse than him. Maybe equally as shit? Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 13 Paid Members Posted May 13 38 minutes ago, westlondonmist said: Is Paddy McGuinness an upgrade? I think he's absolutely bloody awful. Jim Davidson is/was a dreadful comedian but I'm not sure he was worse than Paddy McGuinness, in fact I don't think any TV host is worse than him. Maybe equally as shit? I understand why people don't like McGuiness, he's everywhere. I'd imagine he's number two on the call sheet after Romesh for any Saturday late afternoon/early evening quiz revival. The reason for that is that he does a good job presenting. You may not like him, but enough people must or they wouldn't keep giving him the job. I don't think it would come as a surprise to anyone that a group of wrestling/lapsed wrestling fans who are still using forums in the year 2026 may not hold views that align with the mainstream. As for is he better than Davidson? Yes he's miles better. The only surprise to me is that given where the country seems to be heading electorally that Davidson isn't hosting the revival, with Mike Read doing a calypso version of the theme tune. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted May 13 Posted May 13 1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: The reason for that is that he does a good job presenting. Citation needed for that one. I find it weird that it’s going to be aired on daytime BBC2. I wonder if that means lunch time Bargain Hunt type slot, or more of a House of Games tea time. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 13 Paid Members Posted May 13 17 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said: Citation needed for that one. I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier answer. 2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: You may not like him, but enough people must or they wouldn't keep giving him the job. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted May 13 Paid Members Posted May 13 He's a safe enough pair of hands isn't he? It's like that Roger Mellie strip where he gets the Bargain Hunt job and as soon as they tell him it's daytime TV he turns on the charm and becomes massive. You know you can stick him in front of a camera and he'll do what you need him to. Stephen Henry is a bit of an odd choice, but from watching some of his stuff on YouTube he can be a decent presenter. Yes, he's not a patch on Virgo, but Dennis Taylor is probably a bit too far past it, and Steve Davis has his DJing and his electrónica stuff. I think he's a safer bet that Jimmy White shambling his way around the table as well. John Parrott or Ken Doherty might not have been a bad choice. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted May 13 Paid Members Posted May 13 I think the reanimated corpse of Bill Werbeniuk would have more charisma than Hendry. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 13 Paid Members Posted May 13 9 minutes ago, Jazzy G said: He's a safe enough pair of hands isn't he? It's like that Roger Mellie strip where he gets the Bargain Hunt job and as soon as they tell him it's daytime TV he turns on the charm and becomes massive. You know you can stick him in front of a camera and he'll do what you need him to. Stephen Henry is a bit of an odd choice, but from watching some of his stuff on YouTube he can be a decent presenter. Yes, he's not a patch on Virgo, but Dennis Taylor is probably a bit too far past it, and Steve Davis has his DJing and his electrónica stuff. I think he's a safer bet that Jimmy White shambling his way around the table as well. John Parrott or Ken Doherty might not have been a bad choice. Out of all those, John Parrott seems to have the most suitable vibe about him. He seems quite relaxed and likable. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted May 13 Paid Members Posted May 13 He was horrendous on A Question of Sport, but then everyone was. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 13 Members Posted May 13 16 minutes ago, Carbomb said: Out of all those, John Parrott seems to have the most suitable vibe about him. He seems quite relaxed and likable. He's such a miserable sod. He'd be terrible. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 13 Paid Members Posted May 13 Clearly, I've only caught him at good moments on punditry! Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 13 Paid Members Posted May 13 I stood on John Parrots' foot once. Going down the stairs at Cheltenham races. I can report that he was quite miserable about that. Mind you I'm sure that if an overly refreshed fat midlander stood on your foot you'd be miserable as well. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted May 13 Paid Members Posted May 13 I watched the Belgium/Wales game of Euro 2016 with him and Ken Doherty at what was Riley's in Gorton. I don't even know whether the place is still there. They were just hanging out with the regulars and watching the match. They had been doing an exhibition, so the people who'd paid for that must have been annoyed at the 2 hour break in the middle. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted May 13 Paid Members Posted May 13 20 minutes ago, Jazzy G said: They had been doing an exhibition, so the people who'd paid for that must have been annoyed at the 2 hour break in the middle. That would still have been their shortest frame. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted May 21 Paid Members Posted May 21 (edited) A perfect storm of me wanting to play PS1 in my rainy conservatory and also keep up with the current football updates has found me sat playing Adventures of Lomax and listening to TalkSport for the very first time. Lomax is a pretty bad game, it looks like stretched dogshit on my old flatscreen and TalkSport are talking about how Scouting For Girls are a world class band. Just absolutely failed the day and I haven’t even had breakfast yet. Edit: fucking hell Edited May 21 by FLips Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted June 1 Posted June 1 Oh fuck right off https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/zack-snyder-to-write-and-direct-escape-from-new-york-remake/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter# Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.