westlondonmist Posted June 25 Posted June 25 20 minutes ago, Wretch said: The thing I enjoyed most about this was the stories about cutting their teeth in the stand-up scene. Similar to some indy wrestlers in that when make it to the big time, their best memories are all the shite they endured along the way. The long car journeys telling stories, getting screwed out of money by promoters, doing their thing in front of single figure audiences, dying on their arse and honing their craft as a result. It's been a long time since I watched that video, but I definitely remember Ricky being a bit bitter and even slightly jealous as they discussed all this as its something he never experienced. From a stand-up POV, he went from The Office to gigging in front of thousands overnight. Maybe it just sent him horrible memories of gigging in front of single figures with Seona Dancing. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted June 25 Posted June 25 (edited) I've not watched that round table since it came out, but I seem to remember thinking that Chris Rock thought Gervais was a dickhead and didn't really respect him much. Edited June 25 by Cousin Jim Bob Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted June 25 Paid Members Posted June 25 (edited) That joke about the walk round the car being your holiday is superb, in fairness. Edited June 25 by Devon Malcolm memo ochoa Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 2 Moderators Posted July 2 Will Ferrell has some new comedy about a washed up golfer trying to get back into golfing. I'm annoyed because I know I'm going to watch it and I really don't think I'll like it. It definitely won't be a patch on Stick, which is Owen Wilson's washed up golfer show that I am eagerly awaiting a second season of. Also Luke Wilson is in the Ferrell one which is just weird. Quote
FTR2020 Posted July 2 Posted July 2 6 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: Will Ferrell has some new comedy about a washed up golfer trying to get back into golfing. I'm annoyed because I know I'm going to watch it and I really don't think I'll like it. It definitely won't be a patch on Stick, which is Owen Wilson's washed up golfer show that I am eagerly awaiting a second season of. Also Luke Wilson is in the Ferrell one which is just weird. Any idea what streaming service it is on please and what is it called? Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 2 Moderators Posted July 2 Netflix, and it's called Hawk. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 3 Paid Members Posted July 3 Do people like Will Ferrell then? Outside of Anchorman I've never really rated him. I find his "wacky" act exhausting rather than funny. I groaned when he turned up in Barbie and lo and behold he was easily the worst thing in the movie. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted July 3 Paid Members Posted July 3 He's great in Eastbound and Down. Generally he's not to my taste, but I never understood why he generates such extreme opinions in people. He seems like a nice bloke, and is apparently very encouraging to upcoming comedy talent. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted July 3 Posted July 3 I find him a bit much when he's the main character in something, but I don't mind him when he is in movies and TV shows in smaller roles like Eastbound & Down, Old School, Wedding Crashers, Undeclared. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 3 Members Posted July 3 I don't mind him popping up in things, but I'm not a fan of him leading a film. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted July 3 Paid Members Posted July 3 (edited) I've just remembered he's in one of my least favourite films of all time, Stranger Than Fiction. Hang the cunt. Edited July 3 by gmoney Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted July 3 Paid Members Posted July 3 3 hours ago, LaGoosh said: Do people like Will Ferrell then? Outside of Anchorman I've never really rated him. I find his "wacky" act exhausting rather than funny. I groaned when he turned up in Barbie and lo and behold he was easily the worst thing in the movie. Agreed. I thought his documentary Will & Harper was lovely and he came across as a really nice person in it. But I'm not sure I've ever enjoyed a performance of his and he's dragged down every film I've seen him in. Quote
FTR2020 Posted July 3 Posted July 3 17 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: Netflix, and it's called Hawk. Awesome thank you. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 7 Paid Members Posted July 7 Produced by Romesh Ranganathan, because the three people we don't see enough of on UK TV are Romesh, Ed Gamble and the terminally unfunny Richard Ayoade. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.