Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted July 7 Awards Moderator Posted July 7 2 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: Produced by Romesh Ranganathan, because the three people we don't see enough of on UK TV are Romesh, Ed Gamble and the terminally unfunny Richard Ayoade. Don't worry, it's giving some much needed exposure to fresh and rarely seen names Katherine Ryan and Lou Sanders as well. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 7 Paid Members Posted July 7 20 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said: Don't worry, it's giving some much needed exposure to fresh and rarely seen names Katherine Ryan and Lou Sanders as well. Never heard of them! Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted July 7 Paid Members Posted July 7 Needs to get young whippersnappers Rob Beckett and Roisin Conaty. Not seen them in ages. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 7 Paid Members Posted July 7 5 minutes ago, FLips said: Needs to get young whippersnappers Rob Beckett and Roisin Conaty. Not seen them in ages. Roisin is on the first episode Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted July 7 Posted July 7 (edited) I’ve only seen an advert for it and I was out at Katherine Ryan pulling her own “queering doesn’t make the World work” by proposing that all men get a vasectomy at birth Edited July 7 by WyattSheepMask Quote
FTR2020 Posted July 7 Posted July 7 I enjoyed the episode because it was basically Ramesh just putting his foot in it all the time. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted July 7 Paid Members Posted July 7 The first episode wasn't bad. It wasn't funny funny but it was an hour where I didn't have to think about anything. It does amuse me more that Sheepy only saw an advert and didn't need to see the show because he found Katherine Ryan's opinion unacceptable, which can only lead me to assume that it wasn't a very good advert for a programme called Unacceptable. As for Gamble, he's alright on a podcast but this is proper telly and he's not cut out for presenting it. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted July 7 Paid Members Posted July 7 1 minute ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: this is proper telly Thought it was on TLC? Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 7 Paid Members Posted July 7 (edited) 1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said: the terminally unfunny Richard Ayoade. I love Darkplace and I enjoyed his film Submarine but it's remarkable how much I despise this twat nowadays. Possibly the least funny man on TV (and he's always bloody on). Desperately unfunny on Last One Laughing. His show Travel Man pisses me off to no end - he gets to go to all these amazing places and he's just a boring, snarky, tedious bell end in every episode. I don't know how anyone could bear watching it. His "I'm awkward and weird and grumpy and don't actually enjoy anything" act just bores the absolute fuck out of me. Cunt. Edited July 7 by LaGoosh Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted July 7 Paid Members Posted July 7 5 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: Thought it was on TLC? Lots of things are. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted July 7 Paid Members Posted July 7 2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: I love Darkplace and I enjoyed his film Submarine but it's remarkable how much I despise this twat nowadays. Possibly the least funny man on TV (and he's always bloody on). Desperately unfunny on Last One Laughing. His show Travel Man pisses me off to no end - he gets to go to all these amazing places and he's just a boring, snarky, tedious bell end in every episode. His "I'm awkward and weird and grumpy and don't actually enjoy anything" act just bores the absolute fuck out of me. Absolutely agreed. I imagine in real life he must be completely different, because his whole TV personality is just so forced. The gimmick ran its course years ago. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 7 Paid Members Posted July 7 Yeah, agreed with all that. It's the kind of humour I would have found funny in 2005 but he just hasn't changed his act up one bit and is deathly dull to watch now. That's all before you even get into him being one of the 'Glinner is such a brave soul' brigade. Twat. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 7 Members Posted July 7 19 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: His "I'm awkward and weird and grumpy and don't actually enjoy anything" act just bores the absolute fuck out of me. Cunt. I don't think it's much of an act. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted July 7 Paid Members Posted July 7 33 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: His show Travel Man pisses me off to no end - he gets to go to all these amazing places and he's just a boring, snarky, tedious bell end in every episode Joe Lycett has been hosting for the past four series if you wanted to give it another go. The first episode with Bill Bailey in Iceland was very enjoyable. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted July 7 Posted July 7 The only thing to like about Richard Ayoade is him not giving a shit talking about how Lawrence Fox has been cut out of his own family Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.