Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 7 Paid Members Posted July 7 (edited) 23 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: It's the kind of humour I would have found funny in 2005 but he just hasn't changed his act up one bit and is deathly dull to watch now. Sadly this covers most the comedians doing the panel show rounds these days. I'm amazed that Jimmy Carr is still going with the exact same rubbish act. Edited July 7 by LaGoosh Quote
Chili Posted July 7 Posted July 7 (edited) It's a shame because there is a lower level of acts that's do the more occasional panel spots/headlining clubs that would be a refreshing change. British comedy on TV for me feels genuinely like when WCW had all the slightly stale big acts that wouldn't move on, but in fairness no obligation too I suppose. As soon as you do a travel show or a series with one of your parents then you've past your prime of interest for me. Edited July 7 by Chili Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 7 Paid Members Posted July 7 1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said: Yeah, agreed with all that. It's the kind of humour I would have found funny in 2005 but he just hasn't changed his act up one bit and is deathly dull to watch now. That's all before you even get into him being one of the 'Glinner is such a brave soul' brigade. Twat. This is how I know a comedy programme called Unacceptable will be shit if he's in it - whatever "extreme viewpoint" he's forced to defend, we all know it's nowhere near the least defensible one he actually holds. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted July 7 Awards Moderator Posted July 7 29 minutes ago, Chili said: It's a shame because there is a lower level of acts that's do the more occasional panel spots/headlining clubs that would be a refreshing change. British comedy on TV for me feels genuinely like when WCW had all the slightly stale big acts that wouldn't move on, but in fairness no obligation too I suppose. As soon as you do a travel show or a series with one of your parents then you've past your prime of interest for me. I think that's a big reason why SNL UK (despite the half-century-old format) felt so fresh. I was dreading the cast ending up being the usual panel show suspects, and it wasn't a surprise that the episode Whitehall hosted was the least funny by some distance. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted July 7 Posted July 7 I've been reliably informed by a couple of people I know that have worked with Richard Ayoade that his on-screen personality is not an act and that is genuinely how he is. I don't mind the guy. I much prefer him to the usual back slapping, forced laughter, Avalon-represented panel show guests. At least he doesn't sugar coat his contempt for the shows he's on. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 7 Paid Members Posted July 7 (edited) 15 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said: At least he doesn't sugar coat his contempt for the shows he's on He could just not go on them. If he does in fact hate them so much then him going on them is even worse! Edited July 7 by LaGoosh Quote
wordsfromlee Posted July 7 Posted July 7 5 hours ago, LaGoosh said: He could just not go on them. If he does in fact hate them so much then him going on them is even worse! I don't think any of them particularly enjoy going on them, it's just a tidy pay day for fuck all work. Especially on something like Last One Laughing when it's a few hours hanging out with mates, grazing on snacks and pretending trying not to laugh for a couple of hundred grand. Quote
TheHighlightReel Posted July 7 Posted July 7 3 hours ago, wordsfromlee said: I don't think any of them particularly enjoy going on them, it's just a tidy pay day for fuck all work. Especially on something like Last One Laughing when it's a few hours hanging out with mates, grazing on snacks and pretending trying not to laugh for a couple of hundred grand. Agreed. I’m sure most of us would love to just not go to work and I certainly don’t pretend to be there out of choice. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 11 Paid Members Posted July 11 Liberland? One of those Micronations that's run by cryptobros. BBC News - Meet the crypto billionaires building a world where money buys you a vote https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cly8eqyj8e2o Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 11 Paid Members Posted July 11 11 minutes ago, Jazzy G said: Liberland? One of those Micronations that's run by cryptobros. BBC News - Meet the crypto billionaires building a world where money buys you a vote https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cly8eqyj8e2o I'm all for this. It'll be fun watching them Liz Truss themselves into collapse (not that they'll learn their lessons from it). Quote
Mr_Danger Posted July 11 Posted July 11 Just saw a YouTube thumbnail for Jordan Peterson interviewing little ‘Tommy Robinson’ on his podcast. He’s not even pretending anymore is old cry voice. Rupert Lowe was on JRE too this past week. Someone (probably Elon Musk) must be backing these shills to the hilt. Quote
FTR2020 Posted July 11 Posted July 11 2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said: Just saw a YouTube thumbnail for Jordan Peterson interviewing little ‘Tommy Robinson’ on his podcast. He’s not even pretending anymore is old cry voice. Rupert Lowe was on JRE too this past week. Someone (probably Elon Musk) must be backing these shills to the hilt. I watched the Rupert Lowe interview on Joe Rogan's podcast today because a few people were on about it. It what you would expect and he bigs up Elon Musk so much. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 12 Paid Members Posted July 12 Netflix apparently looking at buying Letterboxd. https://www.polygon.com/netflix-letterboxd-acquisition/ Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 12 Paid Members Posted July 12 10 minutes ago, Jazzy G said: Netflix apparently looking at buying Letterboxd. https://www.polygon.com/netflix-letterboxd-acquisition/ Ah, another social media platform that works perfectly well to be completely fucking ruined in a few years then. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.