Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Fuck the football off until the start of next season(if it is indeed safe by then). Give Liverpool the title and he Champions league places on PPG(or if they have all played each other home and away, make the top 6 into a mini-league and the top 3 goes into the CL. No idea if they have played each other or not though) and scrap relegation. Promote Leeds(eugh) and Wes Brom, and have a 1 off, 22 team league next year with no League cup, and 4 going down(and only 2 going up, similar to the 94/95 season).

Edited by Cod Eye

• Paid Members

Today is 25 years since Everton's FA Cup win. Their last major trophy. That's a fucking travesty for a club that won the title in 85 and 87 and were second in 86, won the FA Cup in 84 and lost the finals in 85, 86 and 89 and won the Cup Winners Cup in 85. Remember as a kid them winning nothing until 95 felt like a big deal. Astonishing to think it's been this long. It's not like they've come close much either. No top 2 (or top 3) finishes since that last title win in 87 and one cup final since 95.

Must be mad to support a team that have been such a victim of the new money dominating the game having witnessed such success. Still a massive club. Ever present in the PL all that time too and managed as many domestic cup finals as Hull City, Stoke, Sunderland, Palace, Cardiff, Millwall, Bradford, Swansea, etc and fewer than Pompey, Wigan, Birmingham and Southampton.

Edited by tiger_rick

I've always had a soft spot for Everton, probably because of Nick Barmby going there from Spurs. I also probably like them cause they're like Spurs, play some absolutely beautiful football on occasion, but always flatter to deceive when it really matters.

Did they get into the champions league one year for finishing fourth? I think that may have been the same season as Liverpool winning in Istanbul. 

Edited by Rapey Eyes
added more

19 minutes ago, Rapey Eyes said:

Did they get into the champions league one year for finishing fourth? I think that may have been the same season as Liverpool winning in Istanbul. 

Bolton were only 3 points from finishing 4th that season as well.

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Today is 25 years since Everton's FA Cup win. Their last major trophy. That's a fucking travesty for a club that won the title in 85 and 87 and were second in 86, won the FA Cup in 84 and lost the finals in 85, 86 and 89 and won the Cup Winners Cup in 85. Remember as a kid them winning nothing until 95 felt like a big deal. Astonishing to think it's been this long. It's not like they've come close much either. No top 2 (or top 3) finishes since that last title win in 87 and one cup final since 95.

Must be mad to support a team that have been such a victim of the new money dominating the game having witnessed such success. Still a massive club. Ever present in the PL all that time too and managed as many domestic cup finals as Hull City, Stoke, Sunderland, Palace, Cardiff, Millwall, Bradford, Swansea, etc and fewer than Pompey, Wigan, Birmingham and Southampton.

Hard, hard disagree. The amount they've spent and some of the dross they've seen fit to purchase in the last 25 years and still win nothing, not even a League Cup, is remarkable. 

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

3 hours ago, hallicks said:

They should award Liverpool's champions league spot to Palace to make up for Palace getting screwed out of a European spot in 1991

Get in the queue, we have been in it since 87.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Hard, hard disagree. The amount they've spent and some of the dross they've seen fit to purchase in the last 25 years and still win nothing, not even a League Cup, is remarkable. 

I don't think there's any doubt they've massively underachieved, which was the point of my post really, but I'd stand by that point. If you go back to the mid-90s, clubs like Everton, Villa, Newcastle, Forest, Leeds and Spurs would have been on anyone's list of big clubs and they were all knocked down a level by Blackburn, then Chelsea and Man City. When the Champions League became a juggernaut, that further cemented Chelsea and City, along with United, Arsenal and Liverpool as way above the others in revenue terms. Spurs have become part of that "big six" now through serious investment and long-term vision. The others have had a few dalliances at best.

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Lost to Villareal in the qualifiers. Was a bastard of a draw in fairness. Arsenal beat Villareal in the semis didn't they?

I'll never forget going to Benicassim for 10 days, not seeing a newspaper the whole time we were there, and then coming back to a photo on the back page of Phil Neville taking a throw in during the first leg, for Everton.

It was genuinely mind-blowing at the time. 

That Villarreal game is still a bit of a sore spot for us, no matter how many times I watch footage of it, I’m still mystified why Ferguson’s header was disallowed. That said though we should have beaten them at Goodison in the first leg, we had the edge after Beattie’s goal and we lost concentration