Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Don't accept there is a dilemma of the CL spots. IF you can't finish this season, then you go with PPG. It's much fairer than using the same teams from last season, especially if the CL is going to conclude at some point.

To settle this in future, it needs to be written into the rules like it is in Ligue 1.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

To settle this in future, it needs to be written into the rules like it is in Ligue 1.

Absolutely. That should stop any legal action (or at least make it easier to defend legal action if teams have to agree to the rules beforehand) for teams that miss out on European spots or are relegated.

Maybe it was an old "if the premier league finished in February Arsenal would be this [           ] succesful" tables that aren't really relevant anymore.

Give us our tainted league you bastards.

• Paid Members

There is not going to be any agreement about finishing the league in any way because the clubs in danger of relegation won't agree to anything unless relegation is scrapped. Norwich have said today that if the PL is finished but the Championship isn't then they should scrap promotion and relegation. The bottom 5 have already effectively vetoed using neutral grounds unless they scrap relegation. I'm waiting for one of the bottom clubs to say that if we do re-start then only players who would have been fit on the date the game was originally played should be allowed to play in the re-scheduled game, and that if that is not the case they should scrap relegation. 

This season is never going to end because of the arguing. Liverpool will remain 2 points from clinching the title forever, and let's be honest, that is better than them winning it. 

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Sure I saw something where you'd finish 4th. Can't think where now (adding fractions getting to me)

I think the only way Arsenal (and Manchester United) could get into the Champions League places is if they work from the coefficient ranking points based in Europe from over the last 5 years. I think the top four would read as Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd & Arsenal. 

Edited by Briefcase

• Paid Members

Anyone else bothered by how little they miss it? Not just the Premier League, I'm not missing any pro football. I don't miss the games, the arguments, VAR, transfer speculation. I especially don't miss having to watch City get beaten every week. I've loved football all my life, and still do, but this is a bit of a wake-up call as to how much I give a shit about pro-football right now.

• Paid Members

The only time I miss it is at the weekends in the evening when I'm usually watching South American stuff, but even that's fading with all the good telly I've been watching. Maybe we all needed a break from it as it is a 12 month sport now. But right now I'm really not arsed about it returning.

• Moderators

I miss going to The Racecourse of a Saturday but this season that's been more a social thing with the lads than the match with the thin gruel we've been served up. It's been a nice rest. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Yeah I'm very much in the boat of I miss it, but more sitting around with my mates discussing it while we watch, talking about Football Manager saves and that ilk. 

I'm fairly sure I could probably do that with a lot of this classic stuff that's been on the telly lately, which is a concerning thought for my likely hood to spend money on a season ticket for anyone next year because I still don't want to be around that many people.