Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

You fucking slag. You know full well we didn't get the cheese room.

As Tony Wilson once said: When you have to choose between the truth and the legend,Ā chooseĀ theĀ legend.

9 hours ago, PunkStep said:

As Tony Wilson once said: When you have to choose between the truth and the legend,Ā chooseĀ theĀ legend.

Wasn't that Alan Partridge?

My suggestion is that we fuck off all the replays but we play all the games at the biggest big clubs big stadiums to give the little guy a chance of a meaty pay out. To compensate for the home side advantage the big big club has to field a yoof team.Ā 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

What do we need them for?

They're a carrot and often a lifeline for smaller clubs. I'd be in favour of making them optional. I think it's the FA Vase that runs that model. If both teams agree, it's straight to pens.

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Just bin the European Championships full stop.

Madness, bloody madness.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Just now, tiger_rick said:

They're a carrot and often a lifeline for smaller clubs. I'd be in favour of making them optional.

The optional idea is a decent compromise. But I'm all for just giving them more money in the first place for a one-off match rather than carrying on this pointless tradition of replaysĀ that absolutely nowhere else outside the UK has done for years.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The optional idea is a decent compromise. But I'm all for just giving them more money in the first place for a one-off match rather than carrying on this pointless tradition of replaysĀ that absolutely nowhere else outside the UK has done for years.

Cups are a distraction in most of the rest of the world (well Europe anyway), chucked away midweek. The tradition of the FA Cup is why anyone still gives a fuck. If you lose the replays and the Saturday games then it'll eventually just become the league cup when the league cup gets binned and it won't be worth shit as a competition or an income stream for the FA. Don't worry, I have absolutely no doubt that it's going that way eventually but I don't like to see fans advocating it. I get it from the Premier League, they're selfish bastards.

Same with international football. I love the big tournaments far more than any domestic game that doesn't involve my team. The qualifiers are a necessary evil, thus are the international breaks. Football doesn't stop during international breaks. There's plenty out there.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Is running a half season the worst idea? Hypothetically if we we continue the league season in August to finish this current one and takeout Europe for this season, surely we could start the European League structure in January and play half the amount of games with a way of restructuring the financial cost of teams missing home fixtures?

If you're playing at neutral stadiums anyway (as is reportedly the plan for the rest of this season to stop fans gathering outside), "home" and "away" games stop having any meaning. You could have each team play each other team once during the season which halvesĀ the number of games, though that fucks the TV money and is another asterisk on whoever wins the title.

Alternatively, you could do the season in 19 weekends by have teams play both their games against each other on the same weekend. Split the schedule so you have five games on Friday with the "return fixture" on Sunday, and the other five pairings play Saturday and Monday.

• Paid Members

The main issue is that it would be a tremendous test of squad depth. Whereas that's a good thing in terms of exposure to players who would normally fill bench slots there would need to be more focus onĀ health management needed. The increase from 3 subs per game to 5 will help that, but going down the pyramid (if all leagues end this term on the same grounds) quite a few teams will struggle with numbers far more than they are now.

(Sorry for burying that lede)

Edited by seph