Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I'm a villa fan I don't like the idea of playing in netural venues.i really feel the season should be voided no relegations top 2 go up. Champ leagues 1 and 2. No play offs and either 4 relegations and no play offs or 5 relegations. I mentioned that on social media and got hell for it cause I'm a villa fan. I'd make Liverpool champions and top four in champs league. I just dont think sport should be happening. 

• Paid Members

I've read that five or six times now and it still makes absolutely no sense. 

From what I can gather, make the league a 22 team league next season, send Leeds and Brom up but the bottom 2/3 (Villa in both cases) get to stay up. Top 2 into the Champions League as City and Liverpool were ahead. 

Then next season have 4 go down but only 2 go up again so that the league returns to 20, or 5 and 3. So basically as a Villa fan with a team out of form, suggesting that Villa should be allowed a chance to buy players in the summer and start again but adding teams that potentially would go straight back down means they survive. 

So twitter gave him hell which in turn shake tried to appease by saying Liverpool should have the title and therefore its not a biased opinion. 

I've seen football at Villa Park when the teams losing and in dreadful form. A generic venue woild do them the world of good. 

• Paid Members

They just cannot bring themselves to can it. If a player gets coronavirus and dies during this run, in their minds it will have all been worth it because they will have recouped some of the TV money, which is insanity.

I honestly don’t care what league Norwich play in. If the season ends now and we are relegated by proxy, so be it. Yes, it will hurt financially even moreso than it does already, but it’s not like anyone else in the Championship wouldn’t also be under the cosh. We’re 20th for a reason anyway. 

• Paid Members

I don't think there was a rubbish to abandon it, especially with so much at stake financially - which, like it or not, is a genuine concern for them - so they were right to keep waiting and exploring options. I think it's obvious now that it can't be done safely in this country because we've made such an arse of the situation. It's time to give it up and sort out the aftermath.

Despite the recriminations, we've played enough games to do it on PPG. Some people will cry, like Lee Bowyer yesterday, but you can look up and down the leagues and there is no-one in a false position. There is a "weighted" PL table which adjusts for teams who've not had as many home games which sees the bottom 3 become Norwich, Villa and West Ham. Just saying.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

we've played enough games to do it on PPG

I don't accept that at all. For everything that's at stake for the Bournemouths, Brightons, Watford etc circling around the drop zone, I don't think PPG is a fair resolution. Things are so close between 5 teams and as with football, anything can happen. You also have to take into account the remaining games (their opponents, which are at home or away) they have to play. There are so many variables that I don't think PPG is fair whatsoever and just pisses over a level playing field.

It's harder to argue against PPG for Liverpool winning the league seeing as they are two wins from securing it, but for so many teams with so much still play for it's a bollocks rule. If they HAVE to finish the season (#NullAndVoid), then finish it whenever it is safe to do so. Will that mean subsequent seasons are delayed? Of course, but that's going to happen anyway isn't it. Either that or get rid of relegation this season, but that doesn't resolve the Champions League spots dilemma.

• Paid Members

There was some really clever method of using PPG but weighting it more positively for home games than away that added a bit of variance to it. 

It's been suggested for League 1 etc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-table-2020-project-restart-points-per-game-home-away-a4436466.html%3famp

It doesn't change so much of the top half of the table, Sheffield United stay ahead of Man Utd, Arsenal finish 9th but it does relegate West Ham due to being dreadful at home all year. 

If we're using PPG it surely has to be with some form of calculated weighting.