Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Moderators

To cheer us all up here is the 2nd greatest football match of all time after Wales vs Belgium in the Quarter Finals of Euro 2016 which is generally agreed upon by all experts to be the finest game ever. Punk step loves this game so much he changed his avatar. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nah. Salford can fuck the fuck off. 

The best Boxing Day I'd had in years. Featuring Stuart Beavon on loan from Cov. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Is running a half season the worst idea? Hypothetically if we we continue the league season in August to finish this current one and takeout Europe for this season, surely we could start the European League structure in January and play half the amount of games with a way of restructuring the financial cost of teams missing home fixtures?

3 hours ago, KingofSports said:

They don't seem to have grasped the concept that 'next season' is going to be an utter shitshow as well. Until you can get fans in stadiums (good luck with that), whether it be 4,000 at Gillingham or 50,000 at Newcastle, the national obsession (or so they would like to have you think) is all but fucking redundant. See how well the 'franchises' & mega TV deals work, without the people that built and supported those clubs over the decades, through thick and thin....the people they largely forget...and trust me, I am well placed to talk about that. I'm not suggesting Covid is a positive, it's a fucking menace, but if it puts even a temporary stop to obscene wages and the general whoring, football merry-go-round, from agents to betting companies to UEFA & FIFA officials, I've no problem at all with that. VAR already ruined the season at the top level, Covid destroyed it. I hope all the clubs survive, but they won't. If it means more F.C United's & Salfords have to start-up from ground-level, so be it. It's kinda been coming.

TV deals 'could' hit hard on a lot of teams. Either with lack of games/crowds or without paying subscriptions/sponsors/advertisers may mean less money.

I'm hoping it doesn't kill football, but in a way it will certainly show which clubs are run properly financially at least (higher end of the pyramid)

Then there are clubs in the premier league that are suggesting for no teams to be relegated which lets be honest would pretty much kill the season for entertainment value, even if the season were to continue, who's to say someone like Southampton might slip into the bottom places and then play the corona card to try get the season paused/cancelled? 

There's still the Man City banning thing as well, does feel like whatever happens things will get messy. 

Makes even more sense to void the season in the Premier League, Liverpool still have the world club cup & super cup to take from this season anyway.

Edited by Briefcase

A lot of teams in the PL will happily play on with empty stadiums as long as the sweet sweet money of the tv deals continues to roll in.

Realistically to a lot of top level teams it's one or two less Championship level squad players a season. It'd be shit and soulless but that's top tier football for you.

You'd think outside of the EPL everyone's fucked though.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

To cheer us all up here is the 2nd greatest football match of all time after Wales vs Belgium in the Quarter Finals of Euro 2016 which is generally agreed upon by all experts to be the finest game ever. Punk step loves this game so much he changed his avatar. 

9yo me got ribbed for this at the time, and for the next few years, until York beat United. I didn't even know what a Wrexham was.

2 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Featuring Stuart Beavon on loan from Cov. 

My campaign to make “Don’t get even, get Beavon” a thing never took off. Although a lot of people in the pub were saying “This is urine” quite a lot when they drank fosters so there’s that. 

1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

Is running a half season the worst idea? Hypothetically if we we continue the league season in August to finish this current one and takeout Europe for this season, surely we could start the European League structure in January and play half the amount of games with a way of restructuring the financial cost of teams missing home fixtures?

Even before this pandemic, the global football calendar was about to have to take a shafting anyway because the Qatar World Cup is set for November and December of 2022 instead of June and July. Something's gonna have to give somewhere. I can see the Cup competitions getting short shrift in whatever solution they come up with, so you can probably kiss goodbye to moments like that one at the Racecourse that Butch posted.

• Paid Members

We should definitely make the best of a bad situation and use this an excuse to bin the League Cup. And FA Cup replays.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Awards Moderator

I’m all for cancelling all football for a minimum of five to seven years, to return earlier only on good behaviour. We’ll remain unbeaten and I won’t have to spend a fortune to go to London every fortnight to stump up six quid per warm, shite pint.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

8 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

I’m all for cancelling all football for a minimum of five to seven years, to return earlier only on good behaviour. We’ll remain unbeaten and I won’t have to spend a fortune to go to London every fortnight to stump up six quid per warm, shite pint.

Selhurst Park more expensive than Spurs? 

*JIMMY GIF OVERDRIVE*