Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

4 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

"United Way" makes me smile though, like a young post 1990's Liverpool that lot.

Yeah that’s a terrible one given how Fergie was always changing things up dependent on the players he had. It’s essentially the entitled prawn sandwich fucks whining that they weren’t winning anything. 

On 4/30/2020 at 1:02 AM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Jon Parkin, some bald comedian and former regular in Ian's local Chris Brown have a podcast called Under the Cosh. And tonight they did a wrestling theme, where they dressed up as the three wrestlers people who dont watch wrestling anymore, but used to, dressed like. Randy, Terry and Hellwig. Also, Wade Barrett was one of the guests!

There are some absolute belting episodes at the beginning of the podcast. The Mark Crossley episode was 90 minutes of mental Brian Clough stories. Ex Man City goalie, Nicky Weaver had a 2 parter that was really funny. Trips to Ireland downing 14 pints, going to rock concerts with Stuart Pearce. Also the Brett Ormerod 2 part episode is funny. His time at Southampton where it was Harry Redknapp, Dennis Wise as assistant and Clive Woodward as football director and each of them trying to fuck each other over. Listened to the Glen Little episode recently. The 1st part is an hour of crazy Stan Ternent stories when he was managing Burnley. Smacking him over the head with a bottle of Budweiser. Wrestling with him out of the gym doors, headbutting David May.

It would've been potentially the last ever home game at Griffin Park today, which is very sad and made me a bit tearful if I'm honest.

I played my first ever game of football on the 12th October 1991 for Junior Bees against Peterborough Youth. I'll never forget it. I didn't know most of the rules, and at one point had to be told to go out of the area when their keeper took a goal kick as I just stood next to him. SuperBacon Sr tells me that I then scored from said kick but in all honesty I don't remember this happening, and it could be another lie.

Then that afternoon we got to go see Brentford-Peterborough at Griffin Park which would've been my first trip, and Neil Smilie scored the winner (one of my team mates kept calling him Neil Smelly which to be fair is funny).

Of course, that ended up being a pretty historic season, and the memories of the trophy parade from Hounslow Civic Centre to the ground, where I got to hold the old Div 3 trophy were some of my fondest memories. A cracking team that year as well.

My Grandad, a quiet man who didn't really talk much, was a season ticket holder and programme seller for a good 50 years right up until his death, and would take the 235 or 237 bus from Hounslow to Brentford every other Saturday (only really travelled to London away games). He wouldn't ever really say much about them apart from the "They were great/awful", but he lived for the club. That or he just wanted to get away from my Nan.

I played for Junior Bees up until I was around 13, when I sort of stopped giving a shit (my lost smile years), but was lucky enough to play on Griffin Park in a county final and my Grandad got to see me play there, which was a very proud moment for both of us.

My sister (a much more talented player than me) went one better and played for Brentford Ladies for a good few years, before being poached by Chelsea Ladies, and I know he was so proud of that and would travel to the pitches just off Gilette Corner every Sunday to see her.

We went a lot when we were young as fans, ballboys, mascot once, and I always loved going there as it meant time spent with my Grandad. The last game we ever saw together was Brentford losing to Crewe in the Play Off final in 1997, before he became too unwell to go regularly. I remember him just smiling at the end and mumbling "Didn't turn out well did it?".

When he died, his ashes were scattered in one of the corners of the pitch, and he received a full page in the programme. He was sorely missed by a lot of the people at the club as he just gave everything for them, including selling the raffle tickets at West Middlesex Hospital during the week.

Shamefully, I've only been a few times in the last couple of years, and when I went for the final time this season, it made me more emotional than I thought it would as it all came flooding back as I saw the seat he used to sit in every home game. Even if me and my sister, or mates, didn't sit with him, he'd always somehow seek us out and wave to us, and then his porkpie hat would disappear into the crowd and he'd trundle off home. Never missed a game when he was well. 

He would've loved the current team, especially Benrahma as he is his kind of player, and I suspect he would've loved the look of the new ground as well.

If you've ever been to Griffin Park, you'll know how unique it is (the four pubs, the corrugated roofs), and if you've never been, well it's too late sadly.

A shame that it won't get the send off it deserves (although I did see a tweet saying Hard Fi were going to reunite and play so maybe a blessing) but that's life.

Grandad Percy, today would've been for you mate.

*sorry for rambling. Just started writing and couldn't stop.

13 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Wade Barrett used to go to Wrexham home games in 90s. He's a Gary Bennett fan. 

What's the story there? I've heard of him going round Mold as well, did he educate himself in one of Wrexham's fine institutes of higher education?

• Moderators

He went to Mold Alun apparently. He says he played for Flintshire schools (with Owen) and Mold Alex too. By the sounds of thinhs he lived our way for a good while in the 90s.

https://twitter.com/iesty83/status/305783376999227392

Edited by PowerButchi

9 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

I'd be willing to void all football and sacrifice that league, despite Chelsea being front-runners, for the sake of peoples health. Why can't Liverpool fans have the humility to do the same?

Exactly. Coventry are on course for their first ever league title but if it means saving just one life by cancelling the season, it needs to be done. Even if that one life saved wore a Suarez t shirt. 

14 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Exactly. Coventry are on course for their first ever league title but if it means saving just one life by cancelling the season, it needs to be done. Even if that one life saved wore a Suarez t shirt. 

It's OK. You won the FA Cup on Saturday.

• Paid Members
On 4/20/2020 at 3:06 PM, SuperBacon said:

Calcio by John Foot is an excellent read. Well worth getting if you're interested in the history of it.

YouTube has quite a few episodes of Gazzetta and I'm sure I saw Jimbo tease that there are loads waiting to be digitally transferred.

Had this in my to read pile for a few months. Might need to get me arse in gear and make a start on it.