Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Yeah. I far preferred sky's presentation in the early and mid 90s to now. Just makes it seem more like an event. 

Edited by PowerButchi

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

just checked the 87 Cup final line-ups and that had 2 outfielders too.

Yep. I believe that’s the final that Coventry beat Spurs. It’s being shown on ITV on Saturday so I suggest we all watch it for confirmation. 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yep. I believe that’s the final that Coventry beat Spurs. It’s being shown on ITV on Saturday so I suggest we all watch it for confirmation. 

I would agree but BBC One are showing Wales vs England from Wrexham in 1984, a game agreed upon by intelligent observers to be the second greatest game of all time after Wales vs Belgium from Euro 2016 which is considered by the entirity of footballing experts to be the greatest game of all time. 

15 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I've never actually seen it so, in traditional self hating Spurs mode, I'm going to watch it.

Might watch the cunts win the league at the Lane after for dessert.

6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I've never actually seen it so, in traditional self hating Spurs mode, I'm going to watch it.

Might watch the cunts win the league at the Lane after for dessert.

Just finished watching the Premier League Years when you finished 3rd in a 2 horse race.

In all seriousness I saw one the other day (98?) when Gerry Francis jumped before he was pushed, Alan Sugar brought in Gross (probably copying Arsenal with hiring a foreign manager) & then he brought back Klinsmann and you just about stayed up that season.

That was with a team that had Fox, Ginola, Klinsmann, Campbell (sorry), Carr, Les Ferdinand etc. 

18 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

France have closed their season down. It's happening, lads.

steven gerrard GIF by Rangers Football Club

1 hour ago, Briefcase said:

Just finished watching the Premier League Years when you finished 3rd in a 2 horse race.

In all seriousness I saw one the other day (98?) when Gerry Francis jumped before he was pushed, Alan Sugar brought in Gross (probably copying Arsenal with hiring a foreign manager) & then he brought back Klinsmann and you just about stayed up that season.

That was with a team that had Fox, Ginola, Klinsmann, Campbell (sorry), Carr, Les Ferdinand etc. 

Jürgen coming back saved us. Was only going one way until that point.

Cancelling any 19/20 competition now only makes sense if you believe the dates football will be able to start again, and remain uninterrupted, are September this year or July/August of 2021. If it's anything else, it's a stupid thing to do.

3 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Cancelling any 19/20 competition now only makes sense if you believe the dates football will be able to start again, and remain uninterrupted, are September this year or July/August of 2021. If it's anything else, it's a stupid thing to do.

Not necessarily. With a little jiggery pokery, there's no reason why a season can't run between other months. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Who is your favourite character from the Marvel universe? - Quora

• Paid Members

I wan't them to chalk fuck on this season purely because it will be hilarious to see both Liverpool fans crying over not winning the title again, and to see Leeds denied promotion to the Premier League. Although I suppose Barnsley being able to stay up rather than have our seasonal swap with Rotherham would be decent too!

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Aye, cancelling the next two seasons because they might not be able to run at an exact, uninterrupted schedule and prioritize finishing this severely interrupted, middle of a pandemic season at all costs is the smart play here.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme
Forgot to quote

@CleetusVanDamme - Think you might have misunderstood my point. What I'm saying is given the situation, there is currently no reason to rush to a decision on cancelling anything when we don't even know if football is going to be back for a long time. There's really no rush, and I find it odd that leagues are doing it already. I have no issue with them running seasons at different times to what they 'used' to. I'll take January - September football.

• Moderators

Michael Robinson, Spain's Des Lynam, has passed away. I remember a great feature on Standing Room Only in the mid 90s about his career trajectory. 

Here's a decent write up on him from the Guardian

Michael Robinson, from European Cup winner to the voice of Spanish TV

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/28/michael-robinson-european-cup-winner-voice-spanish-tv-died-61?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Edited by PowerButchi