Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

51 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

I wan't them to chalk fuck on this season purely because it will be hilarious to see both Liverpool fans crying over not winning the title again, and to see Leeds denied promotion to the Premier League. Although I suppose Barnsley being able to stay up rather than have our seasonal swap with Rotherham would be decent too!

As a Coventry fan, it'll be gutting to have it chalked off what with us being top of League One and all that but sacrifices have to be made in these unprecedented times.  If it stops Liverpool winning the league then..

58 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Who is your favourite character from the Marvel universe? - Quora

Oh yeah, and to stop people dying as well, that's an added bonus after the main reason.

• Paid Members

The government have cancelled football in France, not the association. So it's still to be decided what to do.

I don't think we can lose out of any outcome. Either they'll void it and Liverpool and Leeds will cry themselves to death or they'll award Liverpool the title on PPG and everyone else will cry themselves to death.

Actually there is a dreadful third outcome. They actually resume and we get relegated playing in an empty stadium. Which was going to happen anyway.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Either they'll void it and Liverpool and Leeds will cry themselves to death or they'll award Liverpool the title on PPG and everyone else will cry themselves to death.

Nah, instead we'll spend our time telling them they didn't win it properly, which they wouldn't have.

• Paid Members

No doubt a large contingent of Liverpool fans will lose their shit at a cancellation, but as a fan myself there are bigger things at play, and I don't see a different outcome next year to be honest, so do what you've got to do.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Nah, instead we'll spend our time telling them they didn't win it properly, which they wouldn't have.

Yeah, this is an 'ok' second best option. Calling them the asterisk champions has already gained some traction and you know that it will bother Liverpool fans massively. It'll be this meme in real life:

dTcAHZcg.thumb.jpg.50900c72dc8fd80c4a23960650ece58a.jpg

What's even better is that it'll be a big task for them to retain it next season after Salah and Mane bugger off to AFCON and come back a shadow of their former selves like Kanoute.

Given how self congratulatory Liverpool fans are, they’ll make out that they persuaded the FA to cancel the season because it’s for the greater good and then give themselves a round of applause in the 19th minute of every game. 

41 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Given how self congratulatory Liverpool fans are, they’ll make out that they persuaded the FA to cancel the season because it’s for the greater good and then give themselves a round of applause in the 19th minute of every game. 

There was actually a cracking call for us to do exactly this by an Evertonian on GoT I think.

Get fucked I want the Championship paraded around an empty city on an empty double decker bus, however it comes.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Calling them the asterisk champions has already gained some traction and you know that it will bother Liverpool fans massively.

Nah, it's clear cut desperation in case everybody else's dream scenario fails to materialise. I honestly can't see many Liverpool fans bothered after thirty years of waiting to win the league if they, y'know, win the league.

Anyway as @Mr_Danger alluded to a few pages back, we'll be even more unbearable if we're robbed of it. The kop end are already nicking the biggest sails at port and mother's biggest bedsheets for a few decades of WE TOLD YOU WE WON IT banners. 

Getting this on the record books anyway, anyhow at this stage is going to be a massive outcome in and of itself, even if I have to take the alcohol seizure on the roof of my house. Won't have much to cry about if we somehow pull it off, in all honesty.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

I think the single funniest thing would be, if the league was voided or awarded without completion, that every single discussion with a Liverpool fan could be extended with the simple words: "But you didn't win it did you?"

I reckon you could carry on a conversation into infinity with that phrase.

3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Actually there is a dreadful third outcome. They actually resume and we get relegated playing in an empty stadium. Which was going to happen anyway.

Hull City were definitely getting relegated.

Hopefully the current situation will devalue the club to the point that it is affordable to buy & The Allam's sod off with significantly less money than they would have got before the pandemic. 
I don't suppose too many Tigers fans would shed a tear if Leeds were denied, either? :D

7 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Michael Robinson, Spain's Des Lynam, has passed away. I remember a great feature on Standing Room Only in the mid 90s about his career trajectory. 

Here's a decent write up on him from the Guardian

Michael Robinson, from European Cup winner to the voice of Spanish TV

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/28/michael-robinson-european-cup-winner-voice-spanish-tv-died-61?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Something wonderful here too from When Saturday Comes

https://www.wsc.co.uk/stories/14318-how-michael-robinson-s-revolutionary-tv-show-captured-spanish-fans-hearts

23 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I think the single funniest thing would be...

If it's coming from you it probably isn't. 

Can't wait to see Liverpool finally get their hands on that trophy. A return to the days of proper football when actual big teams won titles, unlike the modern, plastic shite we've seen from Manchester and London of late.

Only thing that could make it any sweeter is if the team came out to an empty Corona'ed stadium to get the trophy all decked out in the classic grey '89 away shirt with Candy on the front. 

• Paid Members

Jon Parkin, some bald comedian and former regular in Ian's local Chris Brown have a podcast called Under the Cosh. And tonight they did a wrestling theme, where they dressed up as the three wrestlers people who dont watch wrestling anymore, but used to, dressed like. Randy, Terry and Hellwig. Also, Wade Barrett was one of the guests!