Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

I mean the particular quote that’s been lifted from him there is a poor example - the 19 people he’ll be stood in the box with will have tested negative for Covid-19 the night before the game whereas at the hairdressers you can’t guarantee anyone isn’t carrying it.

Up to him what he wants to do and fair play if he doesn’t feel safe, with all the precautions being taken I think playing football will be one of the safest places to be mind, as I say everyone will have been tested literally the night before and tested negative, as happened in the German league this past weekend so the risk will be minimal.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Doog said:

I mean the particular quote that’s been lifted from him there is a poor example - the 19 people he’ll be stood in the box with will have tested negative for Covid-19 the night before the game whereas at the hairdressers you can’t guarantee anyone isn’t carrying it.

Up to him what he wants to do and fair play if he doesn’t feel safe, with all the precautions being taken I think playing football will be one of the safest places to be mind, as I say everyone will have been tested literally the night before and tested negative, as happened in the German league this past weekend so the risk will be minimal.

It's not a poor example. Deeney has a five month old baby who has struggled with breathing difficulties since birth, in addition to the fact that there's still ongoing research as to why BAME people have seemed to be significantly more susceptible to the virus.

Even playing behind closed doors, any footballer is going to exposed to a number of unpredictable elements surrounding the preparation, participation and aftermath of a game. He's absolutely right to exercise caution and it's absolutely ridiculous that we're considering playing football in a country when several hundred people are stll dying every day. 

9 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

0.8% of the tests result in a positive test. Is that a shock? Nobody was expecting it to be 0.

What's the appetite for risk? 0.8% is probably as good as it will ever get, without a vaccine it will never get down to 0. 

As for Troy Deeney's point, don't turn up to training, but don't start explaining your reasons. There are probably 1000's of key workers going to work with issues that are as bad, if not worse than Deeney's situation. They're not crying about it in the press, they're going to work because they have to survive. Guess old Troy is going to be locked in his house until we get a vaccine.

4 minutes ago, Rapey Eyes said:

There are probably 1000's of key workers going to work with issues that are as bad, if not worse than Deeney's situation. They're not crying about it in the press, they're going to work because they have to survive

None of that has to do with Deeney though, why is it always a race to the bottom?  Because some people are exposed to life threatening situations we all should be?

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Rapey Eyes said:

As for Troy Deeney's point, don't turn up to training, but don't start explaining your reasons. There are probably 1000's of key workers going to work with issues that are as bad, if not worse than Deeney's situation. They're not crying about it in the press, they're going to work because they have to survive. 

Clearly in your (rapey) eyes there's a fine line between "crying about it in the press" and making a perfectly reasonable argument for not wanting to risk the life of his immuno-compromised baby to a game of football. Come on.

Deeney is a lump and a gobshite but you can't argue with his stance, nor anyone's who doesn't fancy the risk for a stupid game of football. They'll all have to face the financial ramifications of all this regardless so everyone should put themselves and their families first if they can afford to. I know I would.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Doog said:

I think playing football will be one of the safest places to be mind

5 hours ago, Rapey Eyes said:

There are probably 1000's of key workers going to work with issues that are as bad, if not worse than Deeney's situation. They're not crying about it in the press, they're going to work because they have to survive. Guess old Troy is going to be locked in his house until we get a vaccine.

Well well well...

I love football like mad, it's consuming me more and more these days. I miss Premier League and grassroots even more, but fucking hell, it's not important in the grand scheme of things. Just leave it until we know it's safe rather than this risk-taking bollocks.

Edited by PunkStep

I've come back with my tail between my legs about Troy Deeney.

I stand by the 0.8% not being that high compared to the other tests being done, nothing can ever be safe or risk free. I don't know what safe means in this case, especially when it seems that this will be around for a long period of time, maybe forever