WWE to BT Sport?

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Didn't Sky show NWA for a time? I remember seeing WWE listed on Sky back in the late 80s in the papers but never NWA, but I'm sure I've seen it mentioned that it was on there.

As well as the 2000s Classics shows mentioned previously, Sky also had NWA (or WCW) Power Hour briefly in the early 90s. That was an ongoing contract picked up when Sky took over BSB (which had been showing NWA/WCW) and perhaps unsurprisingly it was brought to a swift end.

Just now, Statto said:

IIRC, the Classics slot showed :

- a calendar year of WWF programming from 81 or 82

It was the Championship Wrestling show that aired.  First episode they showed was the 7th August 1982 one, the final one I think was 29th October 1983.  That did run for a calendar year, but obviously we didn't get the complete run, missing a batch of episodes along the way. 

- a calendar year of WWF Superstars from 86 or 87

They replaced the Championship Wrestling episodes with Wrestling Challenge.  We got the very first show (hosted by Gorilla, Ernie Ladd and Johnny V) that originally aired 7th September 1986 and they continued to show it weekly up until some point in early '88 (March maybe?). Pretty sure we got the complete run and they didn't skip any episodes there.  Challenge was subsequently replaced by WCW Worldwide from 1992.

• Paid Members
On 12/31/2019 at 8:13 PM, Magnum Milano said:

It was the Championship Wrestling show that aired.  First episode they showed was the 7th August 1982 one, the final one I think was 29th October 1983.  That did run for a calendar year, but obviously we didn't get the complete run, missing a batch of episodes along the way. 

They replaced the Championship Wrestling episodes with Wrestling Challenge.  We got the very first show (hosted by Gorilla, Ernie Ladd and Johnny V) that originally aired 7th September 1986 and they continued to show it weekly up until some point in early '88 (March maybe?). Pretty sure we got the complete run and they didn't skip any episodes there.  Challenge was subsequently replaced by WCW Worldwide from 1992.

I remember getting up dead early (for my standards) as the first episode and showing of WWF Classics was at something like 7am on a weekday morning. Although intriguing, I was expecting something deeper into the golden era so got a bit bored after a while. 

If I remember it covered the latter period of Bob Backlund’s reign, and I find it mind boggling that Vince persisted with him on top for so long. 

The series picked up a lot when it skipped a few years to start showing Wrestling Challenge episodes from 1986/87 on. I remember a few early Mick Foley squashes being shown.

Yes I think it was the first episode of Challenge they showed with Mick Foley in a Tag Team match vs The Bulldogs in a squash match.

Loved watching the build up to Wrestlemania 3. I think they stopped airing them during the build up to Summerslam 88 with WCW worldwide

• Awards Moderator

@tiger_rickmentioned in the Smackdown thread that you can use the BT Sport app if you're on EE. As I don't care for sport I hadn't even thought about that, and it comes with a three month free trial. Mentioning it in case anyone is supremely ignorant like me.

I'm going to hold off a couple of weeks before the trial to get through to WrestleMania season. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

It’s not a huge deal but when watching the shows on catch up via Desktop, Is there a way to get rid of the match chapters at the bottom of the screen? I keep finding it distracting, like I’m watching early TNA with that news ticket at the bottom.

On 1/4/2020 at 7:37 PM, Onyx2 said:

@tiger_rickmentioned in the Smackdown thread that you can use the BT Sport app if you're on EE. As I don't care for sport I hadn't even thought about that, and it comes with a three month free trial. Mentioning it in case anyone is supremely ignorant like me.

I'm going to hold off a couple of weeks before the trial to get through to WrestleMania season. 

is it possible to get the BT sport App from EE and use it on a laptop to be able to watch WWE on/ondemand? Also Paige and Stephanie were on GMB this morning giving what looked like a tryout to max whitlock the Olympic gymnast. They were promoting their move to BT etc  

Edited by scouseman