WWE to BT Sport?

Hannibal Scorch

This would be good news for me had i not recently moved and got rid of my Virgin Media after nearly 10 years of customĀ because they dont currently service where ive moved to.

For someone who now just has a ps4, is there a way for me to get BT Sports, i.e. do they have a PS app?Ā 

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

Of course they will be. I'd have cut off my right arm to have seen In Your House 5. Kids are stoopid.

My mum and dad cancelled sky just before Summerslam 95 but my dads mate recorded it, Survivor Series and the following years Rumble for me. However, we still had the box in place andĀ Mania being Mania and it being Bret Vs Shawn, i stayed up to watch the channel scrambled but still with the audio.Ā 

Before anyone asks, yes i have now seen it.Ā 

4 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

BT have a cracking mobile app. If you're an EE customer, you can get it for a fiver a month. Pity is I have it and still won't watch unless they change drastically in the next 6 months.

Thanks for the heads up Rick. Im not an EE customer but my mum and sister are (just got 6 months Amazon Prime through them) ill need to buy myself a chromecast though.

Edit: apologies for multiple posts in quick succession.

Edited by rollthedice

My Sky memories of WWE boil down to that techy, high energy "THIS is Sky Sports" ident stalling for longer than made my child brain comfortable at 01:00, before eventually cutting to the strobe warning that signalled the start of a bonkers Attitude Era PPV we'd all be talking about the next day.Ā 

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, rollthedice said:

This would be good news for me had i not recently moved and got rid of my Virgin Media after nearly 10 years of customĀ because they dont currently service where ive moved to.

For someone who now just has a ps4, is there a way for me to get BT Sports, i.e. do they have a PS app?Ā 

They just launched a "big screen" version of their app in the last couple of weeks (for smart TVs, games consoles, streaming sticks, that sort of thing). I'm pretty certain PS4 was one of the devices that carries it, and that BT offer a streaming/app-only subscriptionĀ 

1 hour ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

This is sad to see, i would say that Sky owe their success to the WWF more than anything else other than the Premier League. I believe it is the WWF's longest running TV deal at about 35 years.

You could say that.

You'd be wrong, but you could say it.

It doesn't make any real difference to me beyond BT's capability to be a good host to the show. Sky are a pretty polished outfit and, at the moment, Raw and Smackdown often air on a couple of channels with repeats at different times. And while most of my experience with BT Sport has been decent, there are definitely more errors. Watching, say, The Ultimate Fighter on BT was often a pain. They moved it around, broke the series link, often treated it as less important than live sportĀ and offered few repeats. I presume in a situation like this they know what they're getting into and will be treating it with more reverence, but I'd be surprised if there aren't some teething problems.

Fair play to BT, though, I guess. They now have the rights to show all of my favourite sports/"sports" (football, MMA, baseball and wrestling). If it weren't for the Premier League, I wouldn't need Sky Sports at all.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Is this a case of WWE getting a better deal from BT or Sky getting tired and fucking them off?

I assume, despite WWE being the most important thing to ever ever happen to Sky, they only value WWE at a certain amount and refuse to meet what BT offered - plus Sky are slowly shedding content as they pay the silly coin for the PL. The same thing happened to UFC and BT Sport when UFC decided to sign with Eleven Sports for 5 minutes.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

This is sad to see, i would say that Sky owe their success to the WWF more than anything else other than the Premier League. I believe it is the WWF's longest running TV deal at about 35 years.

I think this is an example of wrestling fans massively overestimating its popularity among peopleĀ in general.

It would be fair to say thatĀ during those crucial early 90's years, the WWF was as popular as it would ever be in the UK. But the Premier League football comes in at numbers 1 2 and 3 in terms of why people got dishes installed at all. Then you had the PDC Darts, Cricket, English Rugby Union and Super League.Ā 

I can't recall Sky Sports ever really using the WWF as a massive selling point over any of those.

Ā