Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

SuperBacon

• Moderators

Fat and miserable too. 

I remember when in the glory days of UKFF Chat he was getting humiliated to fuck hilariously on WWE TV every week and we were trying fantasy book the best new ways to embarrass him on TV.  Woy won with the fantastic idea of sitting him on the ring post anally penetrating him then having Kane out to do his pyro. 

Part 2 of Benoit was very strong. 

CTE plus 10 times the amount of testosteron as a normal human. Text messages from Nancy referring to his roid abuse and the fact that he passed all wellness tests.....mind boggling. 

WWE not calling his son David...Terrible. David should have sued them. They should have caught Benoit and got him help.

JR is a piece of shit. 

I sold all my WWE stock yesterday after Vince decided to tank it. I’m not ever buying in anymore.

Edited by LWOLeN

Much better than the first episode, shows JR and WWE for the carny scumbags they are. Fair play to Chavo and Jericho for keeping in with David too, poor lad is an absolutely broken human being. Nice to see him re-united with Nancy's sister too.

One thing that stood out for me, or I might have taken the wrong way- when Nancy got the restraining order her sister alluded to something terrible that Chris did, but she wouldn't get into specifics out of respect for Benoit's family. Is she implying some sort of sexual assault?

I watched the Bruiser Brody episode last night. I only really knew him by name and heard him referenced when Luke Harper first came about due to his likeness but I had no idea what actually happened to him

Bloody awful. I hate injustices like that. Actually pretty disappointed Carlos Colon made it into the Hall of Fame despite his involvement (no matter how small) because he's morally corrupt for not doing the right thing here.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, LWOLeN said:

he passed all wellness tests.....mind boggling. 

If I remember correctly, he passed the tests because he was on testosterone-replacement therapy under a doctor's supervision, having destroyed his body's own capacity to produce the hormone because of the amount he'd abused over the years.

One thing that stood out for me, or I might have taken the wrong way- when Nancy got the restraining order her sister alluded to something terrible that Chris did, but she wouldn't get into specifics out of respect for Benoit's family. Is she implying some sort of sexual assault?

She goes into what occurred a bit more on the Jericho podcast. Not a sexual assault, more hitting etc. I think less people will have listened to the podcast than watched this so she probably decided not to drag that all up, especially with David's involvement.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

If I remember correctly, he passed the tests because he was on testosterone-replacement therapy under a doctor's supervision, having destroyed his body's own capacity to produce the hormone because of the amount he'd abused over the years.

Yeah bit sneaky of them to leave that out, and I dont think Phil Astin's name was mentioned once which seems a pretty big oversight. 

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

he passed the tests because he was on testosterone-replacement therapy under a doctor's supervision, having destroyed his body's own capacity to produce the hormone because of the amount he'd abused over the years.

He became noticeably smaller almost overnight, once the Wellness Policy was implemented.

I am not suggesting he was clean, but he was reducing the use of something?

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

I am not suggesting he was clean, but he was reducing the use of something?

The Wellness Policy is probably why he was undergoing testosterone-replacement therapy, I suppose. He'd have been fine whilst he was taking roids as always but once that stopped being an option, he would've shrunk. He was on testosterone-replacement therapy because he was unable to produce his own testosterone but I suppose he didn't just smoothly transition to the loophole so there would've been a period where he wasn't getting any extra testosterone and wasn't producing much of his own.

Watched the Benoit one last night. Fuck, part 2 is heavy. I had entirely forgotten that he hadn't killed himself immediately after, but 2 days later. Going to bed with their dead bodies in his house where he killed them, calling Chavo, contemplating taking a flight and wrestling. Fuck.

Have to feel for David, what a tragic situation. Nancy's sister seems lovely and very level headed on everything. Her summary of what happened to Benoit, being no one thing but a combination of grief, CTE, steroid abuse is probably bang on. Just in a downward spiral that was never going to have a good ending.

Never mind Benoit for the Hall of Fame, Chris Nowinksi for the Hall of Fame!