Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

SuperBacon

JR does come across like a bit sociopathic with zero authentic empathy coming across on his bits. To be fair, like a lot of show business, wrestling is an eggregious, cut-throat back-stab industry and you probably need to he a total cunt to survive in that culture. 

Edited by IronSheik

6 hours ago, IronSheik said:

wrestling is an eggregious, cut-throat back-stab industry and you probably need to he a total cunt to survive in that culture. 

Could not agree more & to survive is one thing, what about climbing to the top of the shit heap like Triple H has?

What qualities does it take in an industry, where generally speaking the good people come last? :(

47 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

Are you suggesting Triple H isn't a cunt? After he turned his back on HBK, Batista, Orton, and countless others?

No! I am suggesting he is a MASSIVE CUNT!!!!! 

He simply has to be, to have held the position he has for so many years. Don't get me going with the "falling in love with Stephanie & getting married to become a loving, family man" shite.

It has been suggested that he does not even like Stephanie McMahon! I am of the school of thought, that to get to the top of wrestling/politics/mafia etc etc, you have to be a "certain type of person" or be born into it (or married into it in Triple H's case) & very quickly become "that type of person". 

1 hour ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

No! I am suggesting he is a MASSIVE CUNT!!!!! 

He simply has to be, to have held the position he has for so many years. Don't get me going with the "falling in love with Stephanie & getting married to become a loving, family man" shite.

It has been suggested that he does not even like Stephanie McMahon! I am of the school of thought, that to get to the top of wrestling/politics/mafia etc etc, you have to be a "certain type of person" or be born into it (or married into it in Triple H's case) & very quickly become "that type of person". 

I like Trippers. Sure he probably did some politicking in his day, who didn't. But to claim he doesn't love his wife and is massive cunt based purely on hear say is ridiculous. 

• Paid Members

Trips is an odd one. By wrestling standards, he's no cunt. You're not finding Triple H in the sleaze thread. His "crimes" are small fry. Casual racism is about as bad as it gets. That's not great but it's not killing, raping or battering anyone either.

He played the game. He was going to do whatever it took to get to the top from day one. It's selfish. It's not my way at all. But it's what you have to do in that industry. You have to get in with the right people. You have to lick boots and kiss arses. Then when you've got some power, you have to protect yourself and your spot.

I'll never like him for it. It'll never change the fact that he was as dull as fuck until 2000 and wasn't anywhere near as good as he thought he was until donkey's years later. But he wasn't a cunt. And he was eventually bloody brilliant, working and on promos.

17 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

But to claim he doesn't love his wife and is massive cunt based purely on hear say is ridiculous. 

Are you suggesting that a wrestler marrying the daughter of most successful promoter ever, has not thought about the huge benefits of being a son-in-law ? 

May i politely suggest that the mentality of your average wrestler is to make the very most of every opportunity that arises in their careers & if they can hide acts of self serving, all the better!

This is wrestling not a Mills & Boon novel. If you want to think Triple H's top priority was to marry the love of his life (who by pure coincidence was the promoters daughter) & live happily ever after, without a single selfish thought, then that's up to you. May i also politely suggest that Father Christmas is alive & well & living in Lapland!

Nah. If anything, saddling up with the boss' daughter could have been an utterly shit move. Has he made it work to his advantage? Sure thing, but no way Triple H has been in a 20 year relationship with someone just so he could bury Booker T and RVD (Though that would be hilarious)

I'll make sure to tell Hunter next time I see him. I am sure he will be upset. 

Also no need to be such a cunt about it, I was merely expressing my opinion on it. Although as you seem to hate this forum so much and make constant remarks to being nominated for Dolt of the Year despite claiming to not be bothered by it I really should not be surprised. 

Have a nice day Bret. 

Edited by Joe Blog

22 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

when you've got some power, you have to protect yourself and your spot.

I think you hit the nail on the head here! He may well have been fond of Stephanie (& the benefits of dating a any attractive woman) ... but what better way of climbing up the shit heap & "protecting his spot" than what Triple H did?

As previously mentioned, it is a dangerous tactic because it can "make or break you", but if you, *ahem*..."Play the game" cleverly, you become what he is today.

My personal feeling aside. Does anyone honestly think you can get to the top of any industry that is hugely political, without being a cunt or family or both?

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

but what better way of climbing up the shit heap & "protecting his spot" than what Triple H did?

He knowingly got himself a life sentence.

He can never, ever wrong her without severe, no-expense-spared retaliation from his father-in-law, and the risk of a Benoit- or Warrior-ing, the antithesis of holding his spot. I think it's pretty clear that whatever the benefits of marrying her might have been, they pale to the consequences of cheating on her or leaving her, which he would've known. (They even broke up in the early days of their relationship on Vince's orders.) On balance, I think the simplest and likeliest explanation is that, three kids and no negative stories later, he genuinely loved and loves her. And she's still clearly enraptured by him. Good luck to them both.