The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

I suspect there’s no endgame in mind, and even if there was, Vince might make a call on draft day that splits them up anyway. I like the idea of Sami sneaking the title for himself somehow, too - maybe along the lines of Eddie Guerrero and Chyna.

I want to see Nakamura vs Bryan at WrestleMania though, in the hope that Nak puts some effort in.

I suspect the answer lies somewhere between ‘very little’ and ‘zero’ but what are the chances the issues and feuds as they are now start wrapping up between Hell In Cell and the 14th October Raw?

So that the 18th October (Friday Night) Smackdown serves as more than a soft reset/relaunch?

Or perhaps the rosters are done in such a way that everything stays as it is? Gosh forbid 😳

1 hour ago, uklaw said:

I suspect the answer lies somewhere between ‘very little’ and ‘zero’ but what are the chances the issues and feuds as they are now start wrapping up between Hell In Cell and the 14th October Raw?

So that the 18th October (Friday Night) Smackdown serves as more than a soft reset/relaunch?

Or perhaps the rosters are done in such a way that everything stays as it is? Gosh forbid 😳

Apart from the Raw women’s title (which could come to a close at the PPV) and the Reigns/Bryan/Rowan/Harper thing (which probably needs a while longer), there’s not much to wrap up storyline-wise anyway.

1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

Apart from the Raw women’s title (which could come to a close at the PPV) and the Reigns/Bryan/Rowan/Harper thing (which probably needs a while longer), there’s not much to wrap up storyline-wise anyway.

That is actually true. I’d say this is probably the chance for Eric Bischoff to lay some kind of marker on Smackdown, but given the profile the show now has (I’ve seen people say it’s probably now the A show), the roster/star pitches and dictations FOX are making, the fact Vince moved his most trusted Lead Writer over, and seems to have placed Bruce Pritchard on the ground shows he may not trust him too much to run things operationally. 

• Paid Members

Rocks comes out, does a promo, outshines everyone and leaves.

He low-key announced this Summer that he'd retired, so I think you'd be setting yourself up for disappointment expecting another match out of him.

His appearance sure makes everyone else seem unnecessary now though, doesn't it? Especially with Hogan and Flair being on Raw four days earlier. May as well cancel their Friday appearances and have Bray Wyatt murder them tonight.

• Awards Moderator
3 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I know there is  zero chance of WWE making it happen, but imagine The Fiend takes out The Rock. Now that would be a star making opportunity if they wanted to really go all the way with Wyatt. 

I’d imagine it’s more likely that if they interacted, it’ll be Rock taking the piss out of The Fiend to the point he can’t be taken seriously anymore.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I’d imagine it’s more likely that if they interacted, it’ll be Rock taking the piss out of The Fiend to the point he can’t be taken seriously anymore.

Sadly I think you're probably right. Might be better they are kept as far away from each other as possible.