Perfect Albums

Chest Rockwell

59 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

yeh, Alien Ant Farm had legit buzz when they came out. Smooth Criminal killed them though, it gave them the career they have but it ruined they havng any real credibility longevity wise. The song doesn't really fit on the album either, its definitely not a novelty/joke album.

That song killed it for them. Sounds really out of place on that record too. Although there are some great riffs and some very Glassjaw-esque vocals at times. I may have gone a bit overboard in saying that it sound be included in this thread. It totally shouldn't but it is a solid album. The haters can suck it.

• Paid Members

Graceland has to be in for a shout here doesn’t it? 

It’s got some stunning songs on it, and everything just feels in the right place. One of those ones where it’s hard to pick a favourite track because there’s so many good ones, and all the lesser known songs tie it together.

A82ADC2F-FF88-4103-BAB8-AAF5A35BDD32.jpeg

• Paid Members

@Divorced Dad @Bellenda Carlisle I actually came in to suggest both Dookie and The Colour and the Shape so glad I had some people already somewhat agree with me.

Colour and the Shape is massive for me as an album that just flows and especially could be held up as a perfect album just for the whole set up of it, where the emphasis was on almost being a therapy session for Grohl to talk about a lot of the stuff that had happened in the past few years (his divorce, Kurt dying, his negativity towards music and musicians etc). It got the listing right in that it doesn't balls to the wall throughout or peak too early, instead bringing it back down with some of the more ballad style tracks.

Dookie is just a bit of a masterpiece for me and was the first album I remember actually going to buy second hand after searching for it for ages. Everything just flows, its got arguably two of Green Day's best songs and having seen it played live a few years back I'm probably looking at it through rose tinted glasses. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I just can't even get my head around Allen Ant Farm being discussed at all in this thread. Fucking hell guys.

😄 i was in no way suggesting Allen Ant Farm should be included in this thread by the way.

Graceland is a great shout.

• Paid Members

i'll add this...

4062fd59a3fae882ac3b78a09ce66cfd.jpg

Few albums are able to transport me to another place like this one and make me feel certain emotions like this, its got a distinctive unqiue sound, the artwork/imagery band involved are iconic and theres not a dud song on it. I think alot of time you link albums with a specific period of time and putting on this album just puts me right back there. Perfect package.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Divorced Dad said:

Dookie by Green Day is perfect to me. Just banger after banger flowing really well into each other. 

Excellent shout. Still their best album as well. Everything just clicks.

And whilst AAF should be nowhere near this list, they do get an unfairly bad rep due to 'Smooth Criminal' keeping in them in the 00'S one-hit wonder zeitgeist. 'Movies' is probably the best positive break-up song this side of 'Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)'. And they had a song included in the THPS3 soundtrack, and as we all know that is the best THPS game and therefore has the best THPS soundtrack.