Perfect Albums

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

A fine album.

Any love for Yashimi Battles The Pink Robots?

Yeah, although I thinkĀ The Soft BulletinĀ is better. However, much as I like the Flaming Lips, I couldn't honestly say I think any of their albums are "perfect" - there's at least one filler track, on all their albums, I feel. Great, but not perfect.

I like Yoshimi - might have to dig it out now actually. Not listened to it in years - Fight Test reminds me a little bit of Cat Stephens.

What's the most 'perfect' Beatles album then? Is there one? The one I listen to most is probably Abbey Road, but there's some bollocks on there.

• Awards Moderator
7 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

I've just remembered the answer. It's The Duckworth Lewis Method - The Duckworth Lewis Method.

On Reddit they call this Threadkillers. Absolute perfect collection of pop songs that breaks to pieces if you listen to it out of order. Butchi has won it guys (this album is now ten years old BTW).Ā 

Revolver is the best Beatles album, you complete shower of wrong 'uns. Ā All you metal and ska/pop punk idiots, please return to your own smelly thread to discuss what you listened to while the cool kids pulled all the birds you fancied.

• Moderators

Where's those amazing jazz gems you were going to drop some knowledge on, cool cat Keith?

Ā 

Edit - a nomination from me. Super Fly soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hBE6NL3KWg

Don't know if it is my favourite Curtis Mayfield album, but I do think it fits this thread. You don't get soundtracks like this any more that actually tell a story themselves - it's what makes this album hang together so perfectly as a whole. In the meantime every song itself is great, whereas with a lot of other blaxploitation soundtracks there's music that works well in the context of a film but doesn't really make great album material, because they're part score part songs, but this is both in one because it's so brilliantly composed.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Just now, Chest Rockwell said:

Where's those amazing jazz gems you were going to drop some knowledge on, cool cat Keith?

The Best Of Jazz.

The Best Of Miles Davis

The Best Of John Coltrane

The Best Of Jamiraquai

The Best Of Micheal Buble

The Best Of Jazz Volume 2

Theme From Quincey

You're welcome.