Brexit

Devon Malcolm

Extension granted til Jan 31, but apparently Labour abstaining on the vote for an early election tonight. If there's definitely no chance of no deal, they should be going balls deep for it. I did read some unsubstantiated stuff last week that said the PLP wouldn't back it, so I took that as the usual wankers not wanting Corb to accidentally become PM. 

EDIT: Might be some smoke to the fire of that last bit, granted this is a s*n journalist, but:

Edited by hallicks

• Paid Members

Not sure its a good look for parties (i.e Labour) to be openly unwilling to face a General Election tbh.

Even if they privately dread it, surely its best to come across as strong and confident?  

Corbyn's rise in 2017 followed a good campaign, yet some are talking like its a fait accompli.

9 hours ago, hallicks said:

Might be some smoke to the fire of that last bit, granted this is a s*n journalist, but:

Labour are clear about an election, they want it when no deal is totally ruled out and, for some reason, they don't trust serial liar Johnson on moving the date of an agreed election, so he can get no deal back under the table.

8 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Not sure its a good look for parties (i.e Labour) to be openly unwilling to face a General Election tbh.

Even if they privately dread it, surely its best to come across as strong and confident?  

Corbyn's rise in 2017 followed a good campaign, yet some are talking like its a fait accompli.

Dunt was saying that by having the election the 12th, it allows Johnson bring his WAB back for another go around. Having it on the 9th means the session would end this week and he wouldn't be able to. Plus, what @Keith Houchensays. 

• 3 months later...

It’s no wonder the people voted for Brexit with idiots like Terry Christian banging on. I found his little meltdown the other day both funny and slightly annoying. Rude little man. It’s time to get over it and move on Terry, Brexit is happening.

Edited by Porkchopcash

1 hour ago, Porkchopcash said:

It’s no wonder the people voted for Brexit with idiots like Terry Christian banging on. I found his little meltdown the other day both funny and slightly annoying. Rude little man. It’s time to get over it and move on Terry, Brexit is happening.

Honestly while he should have shut up a bit, I completely understand his exasperation. Plus, people won’t ‘get over it move on’. If your job or life is positively affected by EU membership, how can you? You have a whole shit-tonne of challenges heading your way.

Brexit has already utterly shattered this country and it’s not even happened yet. I dread to think how things will be in 5 years time.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

My wife is 1/2 way through the application process to receive an Irish passport. Her and her siblings all jumped at the chance when the opportunity arose. It’s a long process but I couldn’t be happier for her. It gives her and my daughter the option ‘to be’ Irish and stay part of the EU.

If Scotland ever gain independence, I’ll be doing exactly the same.

We’ll all set up a camp in Europe and then come back as ex-pats to use the NHS if it’s still about.

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Honestly while he should have shut up a bit, I completely understand his exasperation. Plus, people won’t ‘get over it move on’. If your job or life is positively affected by EU membership, how can you? You have a whole shit-tonne of challenges heading your way.

Brexit has already utterly shattered this country and it’s not even happened yet. I dread to think how things will be in 5 years time.

Unfortunately people have to get over it and get ready to accept the challenges ahead. People have to move on or theyl spend the rest of their days being bitter and banging on about how Brexit ruined their lifes. That is not a healthy mindset for anyone.

Brexit shattering the country is your opinion and no one knows how the country will be in five years time. No one.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

Cost Brits their livelihoods, weaken the nation & make us all avoidably poorer to 'own the libs'. Nice one.

'I wasn't going to vote for a right wing scheme to increase tax avoidance, lower our living standards & reduce our standing on the global stage but then a bloke called me thick so now I am'

Slow. Hand. Clap.