Sign in to follow this  
Devon Malcolm

Brexit

As a postman who will likely be undergoing strike action in the coming months and is entering the busiest period of the work year I can wholeheartedly say that a December election complete with thousands of election materials to post through every twatting house will be most unwelcome. If they do go ahead with it though consider yourselves all invited to the bonfire in my back garden.

Extension granted til Jan 31, but apparently Labour abstaining on the vote for an early election tonight. If there's definitely no chance of no deal, they should be going balls deep for it. I did read some unsubstantiated stuff last week that said the PLP wouldn't back it, so I took that as the usual wankers not wanting Corb to accidentally become PM. 

EDIT: Might be some smoke to the fire of that last bit, granted this is a s*n journalist, but:

Edited by hallicks

Not sure its a good look for parties (i.e Labour) to be openly unwilling to face a General Election tbh.

Even if they privately dread it, surely its best to come across as strong and confident?  

Corbyn's rise in 2017 followed a good campaign, yet some are talking like its a fait accompli.

9 hours ago, hallicks said:

Might be some smoke to the fire of that last bit, granted this is a s*n journalist, but:

Labour are clear about an election, they want it when no deal is totally ruled out and, for some reason, they don't trust serial liar Johnson on moving the date of an agreed election, so he can get no deal back under the table.

8 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Not sure its a good look for parties (i.e Labour) to be openly unwilling to face a General Election tbh.

Even if they privately dread it, surely its best to come across as strong and confident?  

Corbyn's rise in 2017 followed a good campaign, yet some are talking like its a fait accompli.

Dunt was saying that by having the election the 12th, it allows Johnson bring his WAB back for another go around. Having it on the 9th means the session would end this week and he wouldn't be able to. Plus, what @Keith Houchensays.