Brexit

Devon Malcolm

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Brexit has already utterly shattered this country and it’s not even happened yet. I dread to think how things will be in 5 years time.

Probably much the same as they always have been. Cunts will be moaning like fuck about something or other. We moaned when we were in the EU, and we'll sure as fuck moan when we're out of it as well. And we'll probably still all vote 'Tory.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, quote the raven said:

Terry makes himself look like "man shouts at cloud" in that. Over shouting everyone fails to prove any point at all.

He just stopped short of saying everyone that voted for brexit are all racists. 

When the people celebrating Brexit are Farage, Tommy Robinson, Jim Fucking Davidson & every EDL knuckle dragger at what point do you think it might be driven by a far right agenda? You invevitably get some claiming 'actually....there's a left wiing case for leaving the EU' but this isn't fucking it is it? Look who's bankrolling the whole thing.

The equivalent of claiming you're not racist & only voted for the BNP because of their policy on bin collections.

1 hour ago, Porkchopcash said:

Unfortunately people have to get over it and get ready to accept the challenges ahead. People have to move on or theyl spend the rest of their days being bitter and banging on about how Brexit ruined their lifes. That is not a healthy mindset for anyone.

Brexit shattering the country is your opinion and no one knows how the country will be in five years time. No one.

Accept the challenges? If you think the best way to overcome these challenges is to rejoin the EU, then that stance is a perfectly reasonable one to take. 

As for Brexit shattering the country, I would argue that actually is fact. The UK is more divided than it's ever been. Racists have been emboldened and far right commentators have become mainstream voices. Lies and bluster are now on equal footing with facts and truth in the political sphere. If that's not a shattered country, I don't know what is. Economically, the effects of Brexit are to be determined, but you can make a reasonable assessment based on the facts you have available. Socially though, we can already see the impact that it's had. 

• Paid Members

I don't recall a single election, referendum, whatever, before the Brexit vote where the "winners" resorted to "you lost, get over it". It's the most politically illiterate mentality there is. Aside from the fact that the entire drive behind Brexit was political parties who had never "got over" the fact that we joined the EU in the first place, it's just ridiculous to expect people to just put aside their principles and sincerely held beliefs off the back of one vote.

If I campaign for something, or even if I vote for something, it's because I believe in it, and believe that it's beneficial. That belief doesn't go away if we don't "win" the vote. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I don't recall a single election, referendum, whatever, before the Brexit vote where the "winners" resorted to "you lost, get over it". It's the most politically illiterate mentality there is.

Because the Brexit vote quickly morphed from being about EU membership to essentially a culture war (which carried over into the last GE). I know people who voted ‘leave’ who had never given a minutes thought to the EU prior to the campaign. It wasn’t about whether membership improved trade or the economy. They were voting against there being too many foreigners, political correctness, LGBT being ‘shoved down their throats’ etc. It was as much about ‘upsetting the other side’ as anything. Hence the ‘we won’ rhetoric & why you’ll never get a constructive, plausible justification for the choice.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Cunts, too. Stupid fucking cunts.

Yup all 17 million of us stupid racist cunts. 

For the record I voted leave as soon as the Eu told Cameron to piss off when he asked for reform. I think they have admitted that was a mistake themselves. 

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members

The whole "people need to move on" bullshit is exactly why it won't happen or unite the country.

There are literally millions of people whose lives are adversely impacted by Brexit, and for the past four fucking years, all we've heard from the Brexiters is "you lost, get over it" like a bunch of fucking children, instead of stopping and saying: "Ah, this will hurt you? Well, let's try and come up with legislation, programmes, plans, etc. to stop that happening, or at least lessen the damage."

Basially, this entire thing has been treated like a zero-sum game, in which the winner takes everything and the loser gets shafted. Half the people in this country now have to share this island (and a bit of the other one) with the other half who threw them under the bus with no thought for how it would affect them. The side who won has made no attempt to heal the rift, so why is it on the side who lost to do that?

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

For the record I voted leave as soon as the Eu told Cameron to piss off when he asked for reform. I think they have admitted that was a mistake themselves. 

So you voted based on bollocks then?

Cameron went to the EU for the sole intention of appeasing his Eurosceptic back-benchers. He went & complained about freedom of movement and 'health tourism'. The EU asked why the UK chose to apply none of the existing freedom of movement controls? They also asked why the UK didn't claim back the costs of EU nationals using the NHS from the host countries (as they do to us). Again, no answer.

It was a charade & Cameron didn't have answers because they had him bang to rights. Obviously the UK tabloids reported this as 'The EU refusing to budge on his reasonable demands' & gullible twats lapped it up & based a political opinion on it.

Well done you.

Just now, Carbomb said:

The whole "people need to move on" bullshit is exactly why it won't happen or unite the country.

There are literally millions of people whose lives are adversely impacted by Brexit, and for the past four fucking years, all we've heard from the Brexiters is "you lost, get over it" like a bunch of fucking children, instead of stopping and saying: "Ah, this will hurt you? Well, let's try and come up with ilegislation, programmes, plans, etc. to stop that happening, or at least lessen the damage."

Basially, this entire thing has been treated like a zero-sum game, in which the winner takes everything and the loser gets shafted. Half the people in this country now have to share this island (and a bit of the other one) with the other half who threw them under the bus with no thought for how it would affect them. The side who won has made no attempt to heal the rift, so why is it on the side who lost to do that?

To be fair, if the result had went the other way I'm sure there would have been a lot of laughing, pointing, and teasing of the Brexit crowd, wouldn't there? LOL you stupid white trash racists! That's what you get for being racist, you racists! You lose! We won! Crawl back under your Union Jack you right-wing pricks!

Where that shouldn't be the case is with the people in charge, and to be fair to BoJo he has been saying the right things about trying to get everyone onside. No doubt he's fucking mugging everyone off behind closed doors, but still.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

So you voted based on bollocks then?

Cameron went to the EU for the sole intention of appeasing his Eurosceptic back-benchers. He went & complained about freedom of movement and 'health tourism'. The EU asked why the UK chose to apply none of the existing freedom of movement controls? They also asked why the UK didn't claim back the costs of EU nationals using the NHS from the host countries (as they do to us). Again, no answer.

It was a charade & Cameron didn't have answers because they had him bang to rights. Obviously the UK tabloids reported this as 'The EU refusing to budge on his reasonable demands' & gullible twats lapped it up & based a political opinion on it.

Well done you.

wait what...he went in order to win the remain vote he was getting ready to campaign for. He thought that if he could get the concessions it would be enough to swing the vote. But your claiming he did it in order to lose the referendum? 

I will add gullible twat to racist stupid cunt then? 

And you complain about people not being able to have a conversation. 

well done you. 

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, David said:

To be fair, if the result had went the other way I'm sure there would have been a lot of laughing, pointing, and teasing of the Brexit crowd, wouldn't there? LOL you stupid white trash racists! That's what you get for being racist, you racists! You lose! We won! Crawl back under your Union Jack you right-wing pricks!

Where that shouldn't be the case is with the people in charge, and to be fair to BoJo he has been saying the right things about trying to get everyone onside. No doubt he's fucking mugging everyone off behind closed doors, but still.

We've had this discussion before, David, and I'll say again: that may be true, but at least the Brexiters' lives wouldn't be adversely affected any more than it had been so far. And I still dispute your assertion - if the result had gone the other way, the sheer closeness of it would have at least been a kick up the backside to the political establishment that maybe they've been skirting too close to the wind, and that they needed to get serious about reform. I know, I know - you're not that optimistic, and you probably think that's naive, but that's my view.

BoJo has only recently been saying the right things. The past four years have been exactly as I described above.

And also, let's not be coy here: Brexiters can complain about being called racists as much as they want, but the fact is it's well-founded in history. Every time the economy goes to shit and ordinary people start suffering, they start blaming immigrants, foreigners, and ethnic minorities, instead of blaming the governments who let it happen, and demagogic cunts like Hitler, Mosley, Enoch Powell, Griffin, and Farage stoke those flames. If they want to avoid being called racists, how about actually proving it, instead of indulging in the same rhetoric that they used?

And before you mention the Lexit argument, which I'm all for, let's call it as it is: Brexit isn't all racists, but it's been driven by racists and xenophobes.

7 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

wait what...he went in order to win the remain vote he was getting ready to campaign for. He thought that if he could get the concessions it would be enough to swing the vote. But your claiming he did it in order to lose the referendum? 

And you complain about people not being able to have a conversation. 

well done you. 

That's not the meaning I got from him. I understood it as that's what the UK tabloids, who are Brexit-leaning, chose to interpret it as. Cameron probably didn't want that to happen, but then, being a complete charlatan, couldn't figure out how to dress that up to make it palatable.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

No, I'm claiming he did it to try & appease his backbenchers as at the time he had no intention of holding a referendum. The EU's response meant he either had to -

A. Admit that the UK could've restricted EU immigration all along but it was a Tory policy choice to not

B. That there was no 'health tourism' by EU nationals using the NHS as we could claim all costs back from host countries but we didn't as it's Tory policy not to.

Neither were ever going to happen.

10 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Given your proven inability to understand the above this seems apt.