Best chocolate bar

Gus Mears

Anyone had these Dairy Milk Oreo bars? They had massive ones for £1.50 in Tesco for a while, but now they're £2 for one less than half the size. Absolutely lovely though. Biscuit base with this amazing creamy topping (especially a few weeks back when it was really warm so chocolate went all gooey) and a fairly thick layer of Dairy Milk all around it. It's very similar to Ritter's "butter biscuit" bars, but even nicer. 

Ritter do a few good ones actually. The mint one was excellent, and marzipan too, but I haven't seen them in the shops for ages. I think they're more popular "on the continent" rather than over here. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Anyone had these Dairy Milk Oreo bars? They had massive ones for £1.50 in Tesco for a while, but now they're £2 for one less than half the size. Absolutely lovely though. Biscuit base with this amazing creamy topping (especially a few weeks back when it was really warm so chocolate went all gooey) and a fairly thick layer of Dairy Milk all around it. It's very similar to Ritter's "butter biscuit" bars, but even nicer. 

Ritter do a few good ones actually. The mint one was excellent, and marzipan too, but I haven't seen them in the shops for ages. I think they're more popular "on the continent" rather than over here. 

Lidl often sell them as do home bargains 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Ritter do a few good ones actually. 

Great shout. They do a mixture mini pack which we stock up on at Christmas.

Our other Christmas staples are Ringtons Chocolate Brazil nuts and Terrys Segsations. Can Smash a bloody bowl full though.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Great shout. They do a mixture mini pack which we stock up on at Christmas.

My absolute favourite sweet combo of all time is chocolate and marzipan, so I buy Ritter Sport a lot. Such a weird name, though - what's sporty about chocolate? Is it meant to be like Kendall mint cake for climbers, providing a sugar rush? That's the only explanation I can think of. Their coconut, hazelnut, biscuit, and plain milk ones are all lovely too.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

My absolute favourite sweet combo of all time is chocolate and marzipan, so I buy Ritter Sport a lot. Such a weird name, though - what's sporty about chocolate? Is it meant to be like Kendall mint cake for climbers, providing a sugar rush? That's the only explanation I can think of. Their coconut, hazelnut, biscuit, and plain milk ones are all lovely too.

They’re stupidly addictive. It’s not possibly to eat less than 4 or 5 at a time.

Those salted caramel Kit Kat's are pants honestly. I've noticed a spike in salted caramel products recently, a fad much like Peri-Peri that I'm hoping will die quick. Speaking of Kit Kat's, put one of those peanut butter chunkys in the fridge last night. Now I've had one at room temperature and wasn't overly impressed. This time though, wow. The cold really enhances the flavor of the peanut butter and the texture doesn't feel like you're at a risk of breaking a tooth chowing down through the wafer. Would recommend. 

Edited by Richard

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Richard said:

I've noticed a spike in salted caramel products recently, a fad much like Peri-Peri that I'm hoping will die quick.

Why? Some people like things. Things you like are still available.

Salted caramel done properly is really great but there are plenty of caramel products masquerading as "salted" where you can't taste the difference rendering it a bit of a false hook. Like pulled meat as Mr_Danger mentions, a buzz phrase that usually just means "in barbecue sauce" and very rarely tastes like the cooking process has been any difference. Unless you're at a proper barbecue place, naturally.

In terms of an answer to the thread, my fattest bastard past comes back to haunt me here as while chocolate is only occasional for me, my choice varies wildly on mood and occasion. I used to 100% favour Nestlé and was having a Yorkie every day. Every now and again I'll fancy a Bounty with its sweet sticky insides. Sometimes its a Crunchie day. I love Terrys Chocolate Orange and smash a whole one in par 2 on Christmas day. My go to lately has settled into a chunky Milky Bar if I can get it or just a slab of the flat variety if I can't. But sometimes a Wispa is so comforting, like a familiar pair of slippers.