Top Wrestling Twitter

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

OK, I seem to be out of the loop here. Having watched that clip of Triple H on the previous page, what exactly did he say that appeared to either make him be a dick or be offensive? The joke he seemed to make about Paige appears to me to fall into the category of "awful dad jokes" like quiping how your mum ran away before you were born (logical fallacy, ovbs), so is there something I have missed?

• Paid Members

He’s basically the head of a company, taking the piss out of a female employee, suggesting she might have some kids she doesn’t know about, based on her sex life.
A sex life that was shared on the internet in graphic detail without her consent and caused her to have some wellbeing issues. 

That’s why it’s not the same as a dad joke. He’s not her dad, he’s her boss, and it was insensitive and unprofessional. He’s an idiot for saying it.

I’m clearly not up to date on the Paige’s sex life stuff - what’s she been doing that he’s referencing that would lead to her having kids somewhere that she doesn’t know about? 

Edit: The big-nosed bastard’s actually got form for this sort of thing, at around 3:45 in this video he DISRESPECTS a WWE employee with the same joke: 

Impeach him, Vince!

Edited by King Pitcos

And anyway doesn't the whole "has kids that they don't know about" only work on the male side?  I'm no expert in the female body (ask my wife, chortle chortle) but having kid is something that I would have though most women would at least be a little bit aware of?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Dazzer said:

And anyway doesn't the whole "has kids that they don't know about" only work on the male side?  I'm no expert in the female body (ask my wife, chortle chortle) but having kid is something that I would have though most women would at least be a little bit aware of?

Exactly this. It doesn’t make sense. I misheard it and thought he said “She probably has something she doesn’t know about” meaning an std. And while that would’ve been an even shittier joke to make about his employee, it would’ve made more sense. But, he’s never been one for a good sense of humour has he. 

• Paid Members

I think it was just a Dad Joke, and the kind he'd say more usually about a guy. 'Person X has kids... Person Y probably has kids they don't know about' is a boring dad joke, but usually meant pretty harmlessly, and it probably sounded harmless to him to make the same joke about a woman, when it's blatantly absurd.

Unfortunately, he did it about someone who has had her sex life turned into a very public story, and has been treated poorly by a lot of people. Wrong person, wrong time, wrong joke - at that point, it doesn't matter how he meant it. It was a dumb thing to say, and she's very right to expect an apology.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Unfortunately, he did it about someone who has had her sex life turned into a very public story, and has been treated poorly by a lot of people. Wrong person, wrong time, wrong joke.

Yeah, its this isn't it? I must admit that I did chuckle, but the subject matter is the biggest issue. If he'd have said it about Natalya, for example, it would have been forgotten about.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

He’s basically the head of a company, taking the piss out of a female employee, suggesting she might have some kids she doesn’t know about, based on her sex life.
A sex life that was shared on the internet in graphic detail without her consent and caused her to have some wellbeing issues. 

That’s why it’s not the same as a dad joke. He’s not her dad, he’s her boss, and it was insensitive and unprofessional. He’s an idiot for saying it.

Ah, I wasn't really aware of this. If that's the case, then Mr. Levesque is at best an absent minded dufus whom should at least have apologised after realising what he said, otherwise he's just a complete cock that wouldn't come out of the same quip concerning the mother of his own children.