Paid Members Statto Posted July 7, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 7, 2021 12 hours ago, johnnyboy said: A hot new entry from Atomic Kitten. You have to respect the hustle, only changing the bare minimum of the lyrics.
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 7, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 7, 2021 14 hours ago, air_raid said: It’s about the whole principle of stealing another song’s “essence” for want of a better word, because the writers aren’t creative enough to conjure the emotion or connection to their work with something original. Covers and even samples I’m inclined to let off but when it’s done in this manner, I think it’s crass, vulgar and insulting to the original art/artist. Kid Rocks “All Summer Long” is getting a slating on that Twitter thread and I hate it for the same reason as it’s just “Oh, I’ll just make the listener think they’re listening to Sweet Home Alabama and if they like that, they like this.” Currently on the radio I’m having to hear Demi Lovato and the Despacito guy name dropping the Beatles and Let It Be, and it’s awful. There is an exception to every rule however so I turn a blind eye to Eddie Money and “just like Ronnie sang” - but that line exists to introduce a sample anyway, so it doesn’t really count. But the worst is Let’s Dance To Joy Division. Maybe I’m biased because they’ve cannibalised my favourite song ever, but it doesn’t help that it’s the output of a tuneless Scouse twat who admitted he has to re-read the song lyrics on the toilet before the band tours - even though he wrote them - and that it’s not their sole contribution to “worst songs I ever heard”, which probably include at last count four that might crack my top 10. And that’s only the four I can remember. By sampling Werewolves Of London for some reason. Yes, a few notes of the guitar riff from Sweet Home Alavama turn up, but the main bulk of it is Werewolves Of London.
Paid Members air_raid Posted July 7, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 7, 2021 1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said: By sampling Werewolves Of London for some reason. Yes, a few notes of the guitar riff from Sweet Home Alavama turn up, but the main bulk of it is Werewolves Of London. And the line “singing Sweet Home Alabama all summer long.” Complete bullshit. Just hijacking the connections people make to another bands work, cheap and lazy.
MECox Posted July 7, 2021 Posted July 7, 2021 15 deep and no mention of Mr Big’s ‘To be with you’? Truly the sound of the needle hitting a disc made entirely of shite. ’Galway Girl’ is right up there. I also instigated a ‘I said no John fuckin Mayer’ rule at my work. ‘Your body..’ is so bile inducing I can’t even type the words. Greatest moment in pop will forever be the Undertones ‘Teenage Kicks’.
Merzbow Posted July 7, 2021 Posted July 7, 2021 Legit the worst thing I've heard in years but... "is it true you got bummed in a field?" is a hell of a line.
Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted July 7, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 7, 2021 Got to admire Bella Poarch for pulling something alive out of that wreck, and making a whole career on looking like a child and bobbing her head.
wordsfromlee Posted July 7, 2021 Posted July 7, 2021 I haven't looked through all 15 pages and I presume this has been posted every other page, but still... Truly awful.
Members SuperBacon Posted July 7, 2021 Members Posted July 7, 2021 Bollocks. Iris is up there with Drops Of Jupiter and Closing Time on the MOR Mount Rushmore.
Paid Members PunkStep Posted July 7, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 7, 2021 Some of these songs aren't even worse than Nickelback's Rockstar.
Paid Members air_raid Posted July 7, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 7, 2021 Nicholas Cage connotations aside, decent song.
5pints Posted July 7, 2021 Posted July 7, 2021 One of the best and worst songs of all time, all at the same time!
Mr_Danger Posted July 8, 2021 Posted July 8, 2021 18 hours ago, Merzbow said: Legit the worst thing I've heard in years but... "is it true you got bummed in a field?" is a hell of a line. Big Wigan Fatty Fuck energy on this track.
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 8, 2021 Moderators Posted July 8, 2021 That was hilarious and has no place in this thread. It's obviously not 'good' but it's nowhere near 'worst'..
Keith Houchen Posted July 8, 2021 Posted July 8, 2021 18 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: That was hilarious and has no place in this thread. It's obviously not 'good' but it's nowhere near 'worst'.. It reminded me of the UKFF battle rap. I bet your fannys minging and the bouncing on his cock like a kangaroo lines were marvellous.
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 8, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2021 14 hours ago, 5pints said: One of the best and worst songs of all time, all at the same time! This version is fine, likewise the 98 Version which tries to eleminate some of the elements that date it in the second verse. It's that stupidly overblown version for the 2010 World Cup with Robbie Williams and Russel Brand on it that's utter dogshit. I saw the Lightning Seeds at a free festival in Blackburn, and they did Three Lions. It was the half hearted, phoned in performances I've ever seen, and I've seen Shawn Michaels Vs HHH in the middle of a Raw House show.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.