Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Moderators

The double sausage in batter + large chips was my go to when I was a 21 stone fat fuck. These days I go for the standard cod and chips, but if I'm feeling fancy I'll have plaice. In Waltham Abbey the best place hands down is StarFish...terrible name, excellent chip shop.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

The one in Roundhills is quite nice as well

That place is probably 3rd best IMHO. 2nd best place is Abbey Fish Bar on Foxes Parade. Last place goes to Upshire - awful.

Although if you're that well versed with your Abbey history you may recall Ashleys, now Market Kebabs. Ashleys was fucking awful.

Edited by neil

• Paid Members

A pie in a roll!?! Now that's innovation. This thread delivers yet again. I regret that I'm just going to have a roll for lunch now.

• Paid Members
On 9/26/2018 at 9:21 PM, air_raid said:

That sounds brilliant. I'd love to work in Germany, you can get pissed after work in the week without worrying about a hangover the morning after.

Coming from someone who has drunk heavily on a number of occasions in Germany, this is categorically not true. 😂

Edited by Chunk

• Awards Moderator

Went out for a team lunch. Great chip shop called Kennedys (... Kennedy) which has been there since 1877.

Purists are going to hate the plate, but we were eating there tbf. Chips were bang on, great chunky things with a crisp edge. 

IMG_20181004_130821-1152x864.thumb.jpg.d3cb096cbbdfe8011af3d5976bea84db.jpg

This is their £6.50 lunch portion which is reasonable for the area but fuck me if I can't do a jot of work after all those carbs 😴