Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

@Keith HouchenĀ and @air_raidĀ Both seem to think that this is a chippy and they're wrong.

Abrakebabra.jpg

BearsĀ repeating;

On 8/23/2018 at 10:53 AM, Accident Prone said:

Also, to settle the discourse on whether a 'proper chippie' can sell kebabs;

AF1QipMDc_d5cgrHl9nKhWoAFvOMPWkFXq4INdvg

This is one of my local chippies. Does a banging mixed kebab meat with large chips, plus the occasionsĀ I've settled for a fish and scallops w/curry sauce and chips combo have been marvelous. Proper thick-cut chippie chips, proper battered fish, traditional chippie menu (and that included kebabs, as is tradition in the West Midlands)Ā 8/10.

Ā 

mama-mia.jpg

This is a kebab/pizza shop. Drunken student food located in a student heavy area near my area. Sloppy kebabs and greasy pizzas, served with Farmfoods french fries in those foam boxes. 3/10 (or 5.5/10 when off your tits).

As you can see, MASSIVE difference. Proper chippies serve kebabs (but not pizza unless it's deep fried).

Ā 

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Interesting choice for a vegetarian there Gus...battered Quorn sausages yeah?

Where in Devon was this? Chips looks really nice, as does the sausage. I found a really nice one in South Molton during the summer. Went there three times in one week because of this bloody thread. No ragrets.

I've fallen off the wagon and have spent the week eating every animal I can lay my hands on. Duck, pork, lamb, beef; it's been in my stomach.

Woolacombe in North Devon. Ā Been coming here since I was a kid. Possibly my favourite place on earth.

• Paid Members

I went to a chippy there too, it was nicer than the South Molton one. I genuinely believe the sea air adds to a portion of chips. Loved the beach there, Woolacombe is very nice.

A quick Google search confirms the one I visited was the Woolacombe Fryer.

Ā 

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

This has become worse than when the vegans invaded.

vWo 4 life

22 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Whose round is it- his or Carbomb's?

It's yours, you round-dodging fellow ponce.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

I went to a chippy there too, it was nicer than the South Molton one. I genuinely believe the sea air adds to a portion of chips. Loved the beach there, Woolacombe is very nice.

A quick Google search confirms the one I visited was the Woolacombe Fryer.

Ā 

Same one I went to! Must have had fish and chips from there for 20 years or so.

Yeah, Woolacombe is glorious. Going to spam up the holiday thread in a few days with pics. Saw probably the best sunset of my life day before yesterday.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Same one I went to! Must have had fish and chips from there for 20 years or so.

Yeah, Woolacombe is glorious. Going to spam up the holiday thread in a few days with pics. Saw probably the best sunset of my life day before yesterday.

Not a proper chippy if it's in a town where the sun sets. That's a caff, mate.