Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The only other Pasty chain in town is, I think, "The Pasty Shop". They have the same black, white and yellow colour scheme so easily confused. However, they don't have "West Country" in any of their signage either.

These people ;

the-pasty-shop.jpg

f3cbd730dc929a4c95d1185e817b8864_feature

I am incapable of passing through Manchester Piccadilly (top) Euston (bottom) or New Street without a purchase. I am not proud of this.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

@Devon Malcolm how did the Wednesday night chips go?

Ended up being a lunch because I was busy in the evening. They were an improvement but there were still too many of those small, hard shards of chips that really make a chip barm hard work. They've earned a stay of execution.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Ended up being a lunch because I was busy in the evening. They were an improvement but there were still too many of those small, hard shards of chips that really make a chip barm hard work. They've earned a stay of execution.

Iā€™ll let my mate know!Ā 

• Paid Members

I'd destroy those sausages right now. I work nights and have a very strict and dull diet on week days. I've been thinking about a chippy constantly all week.

You'd think this thread would be torture but it's really helpful to live vicariously. Particularly as I know I'll get my chippy on in a matter of hours. I may even go for one at lunch time and only have a nap this morning.

You're not wrong about the frozen chips though. That's bullshit.

• Paid Members

So it turns out I had to wait an extra day. Sorry about the quality of the photo but I wanted to get it down me asap. Large chips, cod and beef pie. The plate is due to the missus. It was initially in paper.

IMG_20180929_183931705.jpg

The only decent cornish pasties I've ever had have been in Cornwall. Ā The ones you get from these chains really aren't the same at all.

I've never considered having a meat pie alongside fish and chips but that plate looks delicious.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Loki said:

The only decent cornish pasties I've ever had have been in Cornwall. Ā The ones you get from these chains really aren't the same at all.

I've never considered having a meat pie alongside fish and chips but that plate looks delicious.

My new gimmick at the chippy is to try a new thing along with my fish a chips just to see. It went really well actually. I now feel pretty fat but it tasted bang on.

That sauce distribution could be triggering, mayo touching the pie and tomato just plastered on the fish like that.

I won't be reporting back on the chip van, the cheeky fuckers upped their prices to Ā£3 just for chips.. probably thinking the international students all around there will pay it.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

That sauce distribution could be triggering, mayo touching the pie and tomato just plastered on the fish like that.

I won't be reporting back on the chip van, the cheeky fuckers upped their prices to Ā£3 just for chips.. probably thinking the international students all around there will pay it.

Ā£3 just for chips is insane. Balls to that.

The sauce distribution was due to my good lady. Touching sauces doesn't bother me to be honest. I'd be more irritated by it being splashed all over the shop like this..

wpid-2012-10-29-13-07-57.jpg