Post An Unpopular Opinion

Keith Houchen

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

It ruined my half term once when I had to stay round my sister's boyfriend's place, and he had it on the Mega Drive. Felt so dirty playing it.

You should try huddling two of you over one keyboard on a PC playing it. That was a terrible experience. Still played it loads anyway though.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

You should try huddling two of you over one keyboard on a PC playing it. That was a terrible experience. Still played it loads anyway though.

Spent a summer holiday playing it on an Amiga. Every time you changed character you had to swap disks and reload so the rule was you picked a character and stuck with them. God help you if you picked any character that needed a quarter circle move on a keyboard. 

• Paid Members

I've always been a bit of a game hipster. Loved Sega, but I became a massive SNK fan later on, mainly for the one-on-one beat 'em ups - Fatal Fury, Art Of Fighting, Samurai Shodown, World Heroes, The Last Blade, and, of course, King Of Fighters, loved them all. Got a Neo-Geo Pocket, then a Pocket Colour when I stayed in Japan; it's still one of my favourite consoles ever, along with my Dreamcast, which had loads of SNK fighters as well. Garou: Mark Of The Wolves, which is basically Fatal Fury: The Next Generation, is one of my favourites on DC, as is the incredible King Of Fighters '98.

• Paid Members

My main memory of that game was me as Robin Smith crashing my way to 50 off 20 balls and then edging a perfect outswinger by bloody Ranatunga of all people, who probably never bowled a ball in his life.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

My main memory of that game was me as Robin Smith crashing my way to 50 off 20 balls and then edging a perfect outswinger by bloody Ranatunga of all people, who probably never bowled a ball in his life.

16 Test and 79 ODI wickets for old tubby Ranatunga. The chance of him swinging one away for The Judge to nick seems unlikely though. 

• Paid Members

Spot on @Onyx2

Was only having a discussion about who were the better band between Genesis (Gabriel era) and Pink Floyd (Barrett era) not so long ago, and I couldn't believe my mate was staunchly arguing the case for the Barrett led Pink Floyd.

Barrett's Pink Floyd sounded like a cross between Spinal Taps' Jazz Odyssey and Gimme Some Money, with unicorns. Gilmour turned that band on it's head and had them whistling glorious wonders out of its bum.

• Paid Members

I love post-Barrett Floyd way more, but I still love the Barrett sound. It's all great to me, dammit.

Last year, went to the Pink Floyd exhibition at the V&A, and it was absolutely stunning. Didn't quite match up to the Bowie one, because it was a bit more esoteric and aimed at musicians (there are only so many drum-kits, guitars and amplifiers you can see as a non-muso before they all melt into one), but it was still incredible. Oddly, it got me more interested in A Momentary Lapse Of Reason than I'd been before; I'd sort of written that off as a bit of Gilmour self-indulgence, but listening back to it, it's still a pretty good album.