Post An Unpopular Opinion

Keith Houchen

• Awards Moderator
43 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

Didn’t realize this would be unpopular - Pink Floyd? Toilet. Genesis? Toilet. Many other bands are also toilet.

But in classic Rock / muso circles Syd's Floyd is considered infinitely superior. 

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

See You on the Other Side. Is my favourite Korn album.

How can that be an unpopular opinion when only you can say what your favourite is?

Red Dwarf is, and always has been, a load of bollocks.

I'll take some of the heat off of you, King of Swing.

Limp Bizkit are a good band (though post-Results May Vary is shit) - and a bloody good time live if you get stuck in. Fred Durst is both a massive part of what made them popular and a massive part of what made them ridiculed (that's not my unpopular opinion). The other instrumentalists are decent whilst Fred Durst himself provides the angst that complements the song's energy even if the lyrics are a load of toot (though that's part of the charm for me). Their drummer John Otto in particular is a very good drummer with a nice sound and Wes Borland is a good guitarist with a pretty distinctive sound. Sam Rivers works well with John Otto and provides some nice bass riffs. DJ Lethal helps bring some of the more hip hop elements and it all comes together to create a sound that is unmistakably Limp Bizkit. The rhythm on Re-arranged is a decent example:

Edited by Sphinx