Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

Just like the president of America openly mocking a potential rape victim I find it highly inappropriate for these things to be discussed so publicly. I know EA and Nike have shareholders to appease but they should all just no comment that shit. These none disclosures should be illegal to, hopefully them not standing up to scrutiny should stop them somewhat.

The amount of men using the passage of time and the fact she took a pay out as proof he's innocent makes me worry how many potential rapists are out there. Seems every other fella I work with takes offence to the notion a man might be falsely accused yet not vice versa.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

David Brooks, Harry Wilson, Ben Woodburn, Chris Mepham, Ethan motherfucking Ampadu?!?!??!

Wilson is the business. How on earth did we manage not to bring him back this season? Well, I know why, our owner is a cunt, but still...

Saw Brooks for Sheff United U23 last season. He was coming back from injury and they just played him in the second half. It was like watching a kids U8 5-aside game where one team is losing at half time so they bring Brian Glover on. Just ridiculous. His winning goal, a run from the half way line and a beautiful finish oozed class. In fairness to us English, I've been banging on about Maddison for ages - he was as good at that level.

Ampadu is unbelievable too. Not sure about Woodburn, seen nothing from him so far to suggest he's on that level. I've not seen much of Mepham either - or not noticed him. Incredible bids gone in for him from Bournemouth though so they clearly rate him and they've got an impressive recruitment team.

• Paid Members

I didn't realise David Brooks was playing for Wales, that's a shame for England although to be fair they are spoiled for choice with young talented midfielders. He's looked very good so far this season so I can see him being a long-term successor to Rambo in the Welsh set-up. They certainly have an exciting crop of youngsters coming through.

20 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Ethan motherfucking Ampadu?!?!??! 

Now that Ethan has decided to turn his back on the motherland of England, Ghana, Ireland and Irie I will give you my expert opinion on the young man. Within 5 minutes of his debut for Chelsea at 17 he was basically talking Gary Cahill through the game, literally pointing at times at where he should be looking to pass. I do not say this lightly but he reminds me of Franco Baresi, when Franco Baresi was a 36 year old crafty veteran. I really hope we don't ruin him.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

The Mirror have an all caps EXCLUSIVE up on their twitter machine that Mourinho will be sacked this week regardless of the result tomorrow. His comp is apparently £20 million. I'd be begging for the sack if I was offered that.

Judging by his press conference this morning, it's possible he'd already been told. Just been asked to finish up with the Newcastle match, then there's the international break to try to put something else in place.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Now that Ethan has decided to turn his back on the motherland of England, Ghana, Ireland and Irie I will give you my expert opinion on the young man. Within 5 minutes of his debut for Chelsea at 17 he was basically talking Gary Cahill through the game, literally pointing at times at where he should be looking to pass. I do not say this lightly but he reminds me of Franco Baresi, when Franco Baresi was a 36 year old crafty veteran. I really hope we don't ruin him.

I feel that if he develops as can be expwcted we're looking at the greatest Welsh footballer of all time.

Questions should be asked in the FA why so many great English born talents are actively choosing Wales though. To the extent Brooks swapped then swapped back. Although apparently Ampadu's mam told him who he was playing for very early on. Amd every Welshman listens to his mam.

Edited by PowerButchi

Leaks about sackings are common place. Especially nowadays with all the social media platforms in place. The potential sacking of Mourinho has been on the cards since the summer so it's not like this is all out of the blue. 

Random swerve thought: Mourinho sacked. Rafa leaves Newcastle and becomes Utd manager. It'd be like when Bischoff became the new GM on Raw. It won't happen mind you but just imagine, eh?

• Paid Members

Pleasingly the media seem to have woken up to the fact that the one constant since Fergie retired is Woodward. I'm not sure the club will ever rise above it's current level of shambles and rebuilding and shambles and rebuilding without sorting out the way the club is structured. No doubt Woodward is valuable, but he just isn't a football brain and I'm going to guess it's important to have one of those when you're basically running a massive football club.

I'm amazed the board acted so quickly, if true. I was expecting things to get really awful come Christmas before they do anything. Hoping to hold out until the new season, so Woodward can spend the next few months wondering why Kubrick won't return his phone calls about directing the reveal video for the new manager (Woodward eventually giving up and getting McG to do it).

For Mourinho this has been inevitable since those baffling remarks he was coming out with 7/8 months ago about none of his players being good enough, apart from Matic. Clearly he was feeling that new contract (good one Ed) meant he's somewhat bulletproof, so decided to do and say anything that absolved him from blame that United had an underwhelming 2nd season under Mourinho - almost like his reputation as a great manager was more important than the club. Then we all walk into pre-season after a dazzling World Cup and Mourinho immediately soils the air by shitting on the young players and telling the fans that we're in for a rubbish season - he wasn't wrong, in fairness. I don't think I've ever walked into a United season with such little expectation of the team doing anything. Partly because of Mourinho's pre-season moanfest, but mainly due to the previous 7/8 months of dross.

Thanks for 2nd place, Jose.

• Paid Members

Might just be me but I don’t United have been in exactly what I would call a crisis post-LVG other than since the start of this season. Jose HAS improved the club from where it was post-Fergie, winning a trophy, securing Champions League football again, and bringing them up to second in the league. I know for a club like United isn’t the benchmark and they should be doing that anyway, but up until the summer it seemed like things had still improved from how dire things were before. Little doubt he’s been a total prick this season though and the writing is on the wall. 

Woodward is an interesting one - on the one hand he’s played his part in bringing in vast sums from commercial deals, but on the other he’s getting stick for his various appointments. But did he realistically have that many options when you look back at the timeframe? Fergie handpicked Moyes as his successor, LVG from memory looked the part on paper (and again availability comes into it), and despite Jose’s reputation as a total prick, one bad spell at Chelsea was the only major blight on his CV at the time. Not suggesting he’s an innocent party but it’s also a difficult one to get right - you almost need the passage of time to speed things up so that we’re further removed from the Fergie era. Job has almost become a poisoined chalace since he retired.

• Paid Members

You're a very reasonable chap, Facesitter. I too was a great defender of Jose until in and around that mad period. Maybe not crisis, but not exactly a period of excellence either.

Jose always said "judge me by my 3rd season" when things were going crap in the 1st, so here we are. As discussed, he did achieve some success but it's led to this. Is this an improvement? What he did in the 2nd has been nullified. For me, it felt like he was losing the team in and around that period of madness I mentioned. The fact it appears everyone from Pogba to Valencia to Martial to Mata to Sanchez have all fallen out with him shows what a cock up he's made of this. The whole "give the manager time" seems redundant when a chunk of his team want shot of him (and not for the first time).

Also, Woodward isn't just getting abuse for three failed managerial appointments, it's everything from recruitment to the way this sort of thing got handled. Again, it's why it's important to have some football minds in and around him making big decisions, or to help attain some measure of consistency. I think Keith or Devon touched on it on the other page, but I don't doubt for a second if David Gill was still floating around the club would be in much better shape.

Anyway, The Guardian is claiming it's bollocks.

Edited by ColinBollocks