Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

53 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Finally, Reiss Nelson looks set to become the latest young Englishman to try his luck abroad, yet another youngster leaving Arsenal for Europe. This time for Hoffenheim. Shame, he looks very promising and is rapid. But he could develop a lot more there than playing with our reserves or on loan at Birmingham or some shite.

We sold Keanan Bennetts to Borussia* recently, and I think these lads moving abroad need to be commended. Sure, more and more are doing it, but I still think it's a massive thing for the ones going, and takes humility and confidence. They clearly have seen they're not making it in to the first team at their respective clubs and gambled. Good luck to them I say.

*Lolz

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

Didn't he get banned for failing a mod challenge?  Think it was something to do with not posting a picture of himself after calling someone ugly.

No, that was Biffington Clyro. Who then came back but seems to have sodded off again, thankfully.

Ah first Grealish, and now Rice. 3 senior caps for us, played with us all through the youths and he also just won our young player of the year award. Can't blame him really though, Ireland are cack, O'Neill is a dour prick and neither are going to be getting better anytime soon.

Rice's agent must have obviously pointed out that if you play well for England for a few games, and go and have a good tournament, all of a sudden you are a 70 million pound centre half and looking at 150/200 grand a week in wages. No brainer really, unfortunately for Ireland.

1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Isnt that the one who said "I dont care if he's racist, as long as he does a job on the pitch?"

He was a racist sympathizer, but he was our racist sympathizer.

I believe Ademola Lookman is keen to go back to RBL as well. I think Everton only want to sell though. They'd be fucking mad to sell him.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Graelish is thought to be in a similar position.

1 hour ago, DCW said:

Ah first Grealish, and now Rice. 

Sincere good luck to Jack for any England manager to think he's anywhere near as good as the Villa fans must convince him he is. Honestly, the way they go on to me about him, you'd think it's Messi, Ronaldo or Grealish for the Ballon d'Or. It's remarkable.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I believe Ademola Lookman is keen to go back to RBL as well. I think Everton only want to sell though. They'd be fucking mad to sell him.

Reece Oxford will probably get either a permanent or another loan move back to Borussia (Gladbach) before the end of the window you'd imagine. For the the duration of one week, he was going to be the best thing in the world according to Hammers.

3 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

He was a racist sympathizer, but he was our racist sympathizer.

We don't want to sell 'Mola, Silva and Brands have said that repeatedly, Rangnick seems to think he does want to go back but RBL have been taking the piss with their bids. 

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, DCW said:

Ah first Grealish, and now Rice. 3 senior caps for us, played with us all through the youths and he also just won our young player of the year award. Can't blame him really though, Ireland are cack, O'Neill is a dour prick and neither are going to be getting better anytime soon.

Rice's agent must have obviously pointed out that if you play well for England for a few games, and go and have a good tournament, all of a sudden you are a 70 million pound centre half and looking at 150/200 grand a week in wages. No brainer really, unfortunately for Ireland.

If he'd rather go play for England, good luck to him. I'd rather we only had players who actually want to play for us. Grealish and Rice would both be excellent additions, but if they don't see pulling on an Ireland shirt as an honour, I'd rather they didn't.

Edited by mim731

• Paid Members

Devastating news for @PowerButchi as Hal Robson-Kanu retires from international duty. 

Striker Hal Robson Kanu has retired from international football with immediate effect.

Robson-Kanu and defender Neil Taylor were absentees from the Wales squad to play the Republic of Ireland and Denmark in Nations League qualifiers.

The 29-year old West Brom forward confirmed the news in a statement shortly after the squad announcement.

Newcastle defender Paul Dummett, who previously asked not to be selected for international football, is recalled.

Robson-Kanu retires having made 44 Wales appearances, scoring five goals, including two at the Euro 2016 finals. Most famously, he scored Wales' second goal in their stunning 3-1 win over Belgium in the quarter-finals of that tournament.

"I have made the decision to retire from international football. Long thought, but a decision made; commitments to my family and dedicating what time I have available to them and choosing to focus on my club career within sport and time needed away from the game," Robson-Kanu wrote.

"I wish Ryan Giggs and the team continued success in the years to come, and appreciate his understanding and support, a new generation to continue building on what Gary Speed and Chris Coleman have set in place."