Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I'm weirdly looking forward to the Europa League campaign for Chelsea. 2013 was wildly entertaining, with players you forgot were in the squad turning out like Paulo Ferreira and Yossi Benayoun.

Also like that Chelsea are offering adult tickets for 20 quid for group stages. Will take advantage of one of those if I can.

Not as disheartened as some in regards to our Champions League group. We look far more capable defensively and you could argue we haven't seen the best of it yet, depending on how Lovren looks when he gets back to full fitness. We've also got Fabinho who should help us tenfold, actually utilizing a proper holding midfielder. 

Don't watch too much of Napoli, but on paper I'd plump with us, plus having them at home on the last day could be massive for us. PSG are always going to be a threat with their front three, but I think we could give their defense some real problems in a similar fashion to Madrid last year, because they aren't a team we'll try and grind out a draw against. 

Has anyone ever won the league despite not actually playing well all season?

Not a fan of that performance, not one bit. Front three look like they're still configuring their interplay, there's moments where it's fantastic but it's still quite sluggish up there. Midfield was sorely lacking in energy today, the sooner we get Fabinho integrated into that side the better because our shape fell to bits during that 15-20 minute stage of the second half where Leicester starting really dominating. Alisson was...interesting. Thankful that we came away with the win because the stick would be 100x worse if we hadn't gotten three points, but yeah, hopefully that's his lesson learnt.

Still, 4 games and 4 wins. Can't all be doom and gloom.

Tbf other than that he had a decent game. Better to get an error like that out of the way early in the season. Still only conceded 1 goal in four. Utd have done 6 in the last 2.  The neutrals favourites havent looked this good in years. By that i mean winning when playing not very well. 

14 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Why do they insist on having Sin Cara in goal?

He's not in the same league as Liverpool legend Oggy just yet but if he puts this error behind him I believe he might get there one day.

There was a great moment in the pre game presser where the jornos were looking to get a feud going between Kloppo and Jose. They've been at it since day one, with Mourinho helping them out but Klopp won't bite.

Jose had been banging on about being great and Kloppo not winning anything outside of Germany and when asked for a response Kloppo just agreed and said Mourinho probably was the greatest manager in the league at the moment and he hasn't won anything outside of Germany. I bet that made Jose's piss boil. The magnificent German bastard.

Jose doing anything he can to get a bite. 

I did find it funny in his press conference last week when he said he won more titles than anyone else currently in the premier league. Yet in years gone by has always taken cheap shots at Wenger for living on past glories.