Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Something rum is going on within the German international team at the moment, they're all coming apart at the seams. First you had the disastrous World Cup campaign, then the Ozil retirement and the fallout from that (which included Lowe and gobshite Kroos take digs at him, amongst others) and now something is going on with Leroy Sane.

Kroos was running his mouth this week about Sane, and I remember thinking at the time that he was being a bit more candid than you'd expect from a national team player/captain/nobhead. He was being frank about Sane's attitude during the press conference, which I though was a bit off. Especially from a team mate. Keep shit in house and address it with each other, don't cosplay Jose Mourinho with this sort of shite.

Today the plot thickens, as Sane has left the German squad for the rest of the break 'for private reasons'. Maybe he does have a bad attitude, and perhaps that's why he hasn't played as often as you'd expect so far this season for City (especially somebody that in theory should be refreshed after a long summer off, compared to those at the World Cup). Perhaps it could be signs of more division and chaos within the German side.

Perhaps Ozil should set up his own national team and Sane can join him, along with other exiled players. I would say Super Mario, but he's back in the Italy fold. Maybe Hal Robson-Kanu?

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

He should totally let his assistant manager take the helm for friendlies and only step up for the important games.

He played in the games that mattered.