Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Jose had been banging on about being great and Kloppo not winning anything outside of Germany and when asked for a response Kloppo just agreed and said Mourinho probably was the greatest manager in the league at the moment and he hasn't won anything outside of Germany. I bet that made Jose's piss boil. The magnificent German bastard.

Yeah I loved that, I bet it absolutely ruined Jose's evening of sitting in his hotel room on his own, sending sob texts to Rui Faria. I love Kloppo, gutted he's not our manager. The documentary about him and Wagner on Sky is well worth a watch.

Whilst I'm not one to celebrate a Wolves victory, it was hilarious seeing that useless buffoon Carlos Sanchez cost West Ham the game in injury time. For all the supposed good business they did in the summer, they undo it a little bit by selling Kouyate (who is decent) and signing that living-stealing waster. Old Nan Pellegrini insisting on playing Snodgrass and Antonio over Yarmolenko is baffling.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

I did find it funny in his press conference last week when he said he won more titles than anyone else currently in the premier league. Yet in years gone by has always taken cheap shots at Wenger for living on past glories. 

Jose Mourinho last won the title 3 years ago.

• Paid Members

If I was a neutral, then watching Petr Cech with the ball at his feet would be the funniest thing in football today. Unfortunately, I think it's going to cause me to put something through my telly in the not-too-distant future.

• Paid Members

They aren't, but it's helped by Ireland being dreadful. We looked awful, and I cannot see O'Neill still being manager by the end of the year. Problem, as always, is who is available and affordable, and would want the job that would do better?

• Paid Members

22 minutes ago, mim731 said:

They aren't, but it's helped by Ireland being dreadful. We looked awful, and I cannot see O'Neill still being manager by the end of the year. Problem, as always, is who is available and affordable, and would want the job that would do better?

Stephen Kenny or...

giphy.gif

• Paid Members

Aye, I see a lot of people clamouring for Mick to come back, but it's been 14 years, are we going backwards by bringing him in? We certainly don't have a better squad no than 14 years ago.

Stephen Kenny would be a progressive choice, but I suspect the step up from LOI to international level might be too big an ask. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, mim731 said:

Stephen Kenny would be a progressive choice, but I suspect the step up from LOI to international level might be too big an ask. 

It worked for the North with Michael O'Neill. And at the moment, the Welsh are right, we are just a shit Northern Ireland.

What happened with Keane and Arter? Anyone know?

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

It worked for the North with Michael O'Neill. And at the moment, the Welsh are right, we are just a shit Northern Ireland.

It's a fair point, and we couldn't be much worse under Kenny that MON and Keane.